Second Run With The Nox In The Iron Patch

Skate

Your reports are very helpful, encouraging and well appreciated. Cant wait to get my hands on this fast deep little banger. 

strick

Skate,  Good to hear and see reports from you, as some of us know you are pretty good with other detectors and not Brand Loyal.  It is nice to hear (early reports) the NOX can do things our other machines can't and are finding targets our others miss.  I'm not saying the NOX is the Holy Grail, but it is new technology and those who get on sites sooner with it, learn the tricks...will be rewarded for their efforts.  I never expected a "wow look how deep" detector, but more of a "wow, how did I miss that" and "holy crap that is cool for it to be able to do that".  In the long run I feel the NOX will eventually be used by more hunters than many other machines of all brands.  Not saying the #1, but certainly better than most.  Keep it up my friend.

• Like 2

Awesome, Skate!

I'm headed out shortly to my iron infested Calvary Camp that has been detected to death by many different detectors. Can't wait to get the Nox on it.

Dean

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Skate,  Good to hear and see reports from you, as some of us know you are pretty good with other detectors and not Brand Loyal.  It is nice to hear (early reports) the NOX can do things our other machines can't and are finding targets our others miss.  I'm not saying the NOX is the Holy Grail, but it is new technology and those who get on sites sooner with it, learn the tricks...will be rewarded for their efforts.  I never expected a "wow look how deep" detector, but more of a "wow, how did I miss that" and "holy crap that is cool for it to be able to do that".  In the long run I feel the NOX will eventually be used by more hunters than many other machines of all brands.  Not saying the #1, but certainly better than most.  Keep it up my friend.

I’m in complete agreement with your observations. All the concerns about depth are irrelevant to me. It’s about what I’ve missed over the years that still sits in the ground. I’m tickled I found three nice silvers I had previously missed and that’s the point, the Equinox is giving me and others the chance to go back and get them out of the ground. 

Also I think it’s important to say that I’m not anti XP Deus or anti CTX but rather I’ve come to be “for” the Equinox. It’s not a zero sum game, it’s not black and white. I had zero intentions of selling my other two detectors before this Monday but to be honest I really can’t see myself using them anymore given the type of hunting I do. That doesn’t mean anyone else should and I’m not saying your XYZ machine is not as good as the Equinox either. 

Anyone interested in a couple of used detectors ?? 

• Like 2