My New Treasure Talk Blog - Equinox 600 Vs 800

2 hours ago, relicmeister said:

So I'm thinking of using the aptx headphones on the 600 , and a wired pair connected to the wm 08 module on the equinox 800. 

You can use either headphone solution on either machine so you don't have to tie either headphone setup to a specific machine, unless of course, if you are using both at the same time with a lucky hunting partner.

i put some Bose earphones on the WM08 and only got sound in my left ear.

I kinda like the freedom of the earphones cause they were out of the way, 

i have some cheap bluetooth ones coming from Banggood that i will use try to eliminate the WM08 if possible. I got a lot of clipped audio using it. and if i can eliminate one more piece of equipment that needs to be charged I will be that much happier.

Edit- i guess that is not a good reason because i will have to charge the dang earphne themselves ....grrrr..

15 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yep if you eliminate the wire something powered has to take its place.  For WM08 need a stereo to mono adapter if you are plugging stereo phones into it.

At least i would get rid of the WM08 as another piece of equipment.... I really dont get it yet-- why is it needed if the detector puts out wireless bluetooth already?

Obviously I havent read the literature well enough yet to understand why that piece is necessary...

If i use BT earphones then i will have to glue long orange pieces of fishing line to them so i dont lose them....lolol and maybe i could glue them to the WM08 for an anchor---Oh wait a minute---thats what i have now--earphones coneected to the WM08...(over thinker)

Thank you for saving me a bunch of money! After reading the discussions, I was still not able to decide 600 vs 800. Your blog post gave me the info I needed. Now I wait for my 600 to come in. I took the advice of this forum and called a smaller, authorized dealer. I am #1 on wait list.

I’m guessing I’ll see a slight improvement over my f2 and f44!

Dave

“At least i would get rid of the WM08 as .... I really dont get it yet-- why is it needed if the detector puts out wireless bluetooth already?”

The WM08 provides the option to allow you to to use your favorite wired detecting headphones (e.g., Grey Ghosts) untethered from the detector if you are not a fan of BT headphones.  Since the provided BT headphones are not weatherproof and many detecting headphones are, then you can stuff the WM08 safely on your person out of the weather and use weatherproof phones in foul weather yet remain wireless from the Equinox.  I believe the output of the Equinox and WM08 may be mono (don’t quote me on that).  Search on headphones in the forum for people’s experiences wit various wired phones and adapters plus Steve posted a nifty headphone connector  wiring diagram in one of the threads.

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphone-wiring-page-2.jpg

• Like 3

I was a first time Innovator and can say it was not a mistake.  I'm usually in the Late Majority category.

I'll have a lot to report once I compile the needed information to post only facts as they happen to me.

As always Steve your write ups are fantastically informative and very enjoyable to read and re-read.

• Thanks 1