Fisher F-Pulse Versus Garrett Carrot

On 3/3/2018 at 12:08 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Quickie test F-Pulse will see small gold nuggets Carrot can’t see at all, and half gram type stuff up to four times better in air tests.

No, I meant the above. I did not weigh the small bits that the F-Pulse was detecting that Carrot would not signal on when touching.

Carrot is a great pinpointer, no need for anyone to change what is already working well for them.

I finally un-boxed mine and I like the one-button simplicity of it.  It seems tough, too.  I put the batteries in the wrong way the first time.  Had to whack the bottom a couple of times to get them back out. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Received mine today; can't compare it to the carrot since I've never used one but compared to the old generation of pinpointers this one has an amazing sensitivity. The audio is ok, the vibration is too. One thing I've noticed, it seems to dislike my rechargeable batteries that work perfectly with my Fisher F70 detector, but it could be that those batteries are old and although they work fine with the F70 its maybe because the F70 takes 4 of them...dunno. However with fresh alkaline the F-pulse works great.

The lost mode alarm works only for a few minutes and I wonder...why? To save batteries? It makes no sense to me but I'd like to believe there is a reason behind this.

The "one button" operation has its good sides however I personally would prefer a faster way to change sensitivity, turn light on or off, or vibration or sound. Probably I need to practice more with settings but imho, if you are at max sensitivity to help locating a target and then want to take it to minimum to pinpoint more efficiently, the process is a bit cumbersome.

But hey, I am really positively impressed with it. Holster is good, and my dealer included a secuirity lanyard which will provides me with  extra peace of mind.

• Like 1

Got mine today.. and 15cm of fresh snow - so no real world experience yet.

On 21.3.2018 at 11:32 PM, Art Mustel said:

if you are at max sensitivity to help locating a target and then want to take it to minimum to pinpoint more efficiently, the process is a bit cumbersome

Is it me..? Can't see the problem here .. short press on the powerbutton to retune should do the trick.

• Like 1

After all I had to send mine back for a replacement, it kept freezing even with fresh alkaline batteries. and everytime it did I had to unscrew it,take batteries out, reinsert them and start over. Not fun. Hope replacement will work good.

6 hours ago, Sinclair said:

Got mine today.. and 15cm of fresh snow - so no real world experience yet.

Is it me..? Can't see the problem here .. short press on the powerbutton to retune should do the trick.

I thought it was only to do kinda ground grab. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The best way to use the Carrot is not use it at all. I have one two months old and I hate it. I still use my Whites but I can barely hear it but I prefer vibrate anyway

The very best pin pointer I've ever had.  Can't think of one thing I don't like.  Awesome Carl a winner for sure in my book. 

Now I'm looking for a 1st Texas PI with discrimination with good ergonomics and weight comparable to my TDI SL.  Wish list of course.

• Like 1