Fisher F-Pulse Versus Garrett Carrot

• 2 weeks later...

My Fisher F-Pulse definitely is defective.  Falses like crazy.  I've wasted a lot of time trying all the solutions posted here and elsewhere, without avail.  I'm trying to get Fisher to respond and allow me to return it for repair.  I would not advise anyone to buy an F-Pulse until Fisher works out its quality control problems--too much of a crap shoot.

I am sorry to hear that. Though I have to say when reading about any pinpointer it is hard to say which one is best from a quality control standpoint. Nearly every brand has numerous posts about quality issues. This is more like brand new product teething pains - the reason why nobody should buy ANY new metal detecting product for at least six months to a year after introduction. Kind of a sad commentary on the industry.

After reading about all the issues people have been having I am less excited about recommending the F-Pulse over the Carrott. The Carrott gets its share of issues also but it is inherently simpler to operate.

• Like 2

People mostly tend to write, if something doesn't work as it should, or if they have the find of their lifes :wink:

I still like the F-Pulse, only wished it had firmware R2 on it. I got one of the first ones sold in germany and other than the firmware, I can't really complain about anything.

On 9/22/2018 at 10:45 AM, Sinclair said:

People mostly tend to write, if something doesn't work as it should, or if they have the find of their lifes :wink:

I still like the F-Pulse, only wished it had firmware R2 on it. I got one of the first ones sold in germany and other than the firmware, I can't really complain about anything.

What's wrong with Firmware R1?  That's what my F-Pulse has, but I doubt that explains the problems I've experienced.  Fisher did respond, so I should soon know.  Meanwhile, I'm back to using my Whites TRX, which I prefer over the Carrot (the TRX is less stable but has better depth and I like that it's not side sensitive).

This is my first time on this site and I haven't read all of the posts soooo.                                                                            I was reading an article on detectors and it was mentioned that the FISHER gold bug pro and the TECNETICS G2 were the same machine. Well, I had earlier read a review on pinpointers and noticed that the F-Pulse and the Tek-Point had the identical specs and was wondering if they were the same product.  I had seen that there were some issues with the F-Pulse but didn't see that with the TEK-Point.   Anybody have answers????

On 9/25/2018 at 8:42 AM, Dubious said:

What's wrong with Firmware R1?

It's missing the turbo-modes and it has that power-on lockup problem as you have found out by yourself:

Beach season is over, so I've sent fisher an email, asking how I can get my unit fixed. If it locks up while waterhunting for example, it's really not tolerable that you have to take out the batteries to get it working again... other than that I think it's a great pinpointer.

• Like 1