My New Favorite Pinpointer - The Fisher F-Pulse

On 3/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, Mark T said:

Does it interfere with the Equinox? some of the UK lads say it does 

You can change the frequency on the F Puulse  to minimize or eliminate interference in a particular Equinox search mode, but then if you change Equinox modes might have to readjust the F pulse.

• Like 1

I am due for a new pin pointer.  I always liked the original Garrett pro-pointer. It didn't go to deep which is helpful when you're hunting with the possibility of multiple targets in the hole. How deep will the F-pulse go? would it be practical in places where multiple targets will more than likely be under the coil?

• Like 1

Hey mike, 

the f- pulse goes deep, but there are 3 settings medium being the default. I don't have much time in using mine yet( due to the awful weather) but what I've seen so far I like. Im just glad it doesn't interfere with the equinox as long as it's turned on when you run the automatic noise cancel. 

Looking forward to mondays show with Steve H. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious if F-Pulse reacts to hot rocks or not. Anyone tested that?

• Like 1

Question.

On the other forum,  it was mentioned that you have to ground balance the pinpointer  after its turned on?  I thought pulse  ignored the ground? Someone set me straight please! TIA

RD,  I believe they are referring to adjusting the sensitivity.  Set too high and the PP wants to sound off to the iron mineralization in the ground.  Both my TreasureMate PP and PistolProbe  ( both PI pinpointers) did this.  Too much, for maximum depth and it becomes unstable sounding off indiscriminately.  So you to back it down, lose a little sensitivity and depth but it becomes stable for finding your targets. 

My question, being it is a PI unit, how does it compare to the PistolProbe or the LandandSea  PP's on the market. 

Don