SDC Falsing On Cellphone

Has anyone else notice that if you leave your cell phone in your front pocket that the SDC will false when you swing the coil over to the left----

i couldn't figure it out one day and thought it was that dang pinpointer---but then i remember the deal about not keeping your coil level with the ground on the end of a swing----and remembered that will cause one to make a blurb,,,,

Anyway, i finally figured out that when the SDC came across my body and the detector touched my front pocket where the phone was that i was getting a little interference---it was killing me because it was repeatable noise --

AS soon as i moved the phone it quit.... just in case any of you are dumb enough to hunt with your phone on ---

:blink:

paul

maybe i should get my shovel back out......

Yes, Ive done it a couple times. If you turn your phone off, no worries, if you move your phone to the other front pocket, no worries, or if you leave your phone in your car, no problem. When the phone is only inches from the SDC body as you swing, it generates a signal, but it really doesnt sound exactly like a good target, but enough to make you stop to listen.

If your right handed, any larger metal object in your right pant pocket will make this unit false. You can run a metal object over the none speaker side of this unit and it will false. Don't tell everyone this, it's a secret I use in the gold patches, I have a buddy hold my truck keys in his right pocket...lol

LuckyLundy

I've noticed it also. When you find that big nugget, how are you supposed to take a selfie. Or with gold a "goldfie" ?

I agree with Fred, once you find a nice nugget, who cares if your detector falses while you take a selfie with the nugget!!!