Nox 800 First Backyard Target

9 hours ago, scoopjohnb said:

What kind of animal is that on the far right :-)

that would be the Buttasaurus rex. Once thought to be extinct several have been spotted in the wild as of late. Approach them with caution as they can be a bit dangerous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Phrunt wants snow like Steve has.  Give me the beach views any day (especially goldenones beach views :tongue:).

Well, weather was nice-isch. A few rays of sun, not a gust of wind and with my chores all done. OFF TO THE BEACH.

Beach 1, Adjusted threshold pitch to suit my ears and dropped it just below audible, GB-ed often and kept it fixed, Sens 22-23, All Metal, Noise Canceled.

I always hunt All-Metal at the beach, dig it all except iron and I even dig iffy iron. Usually the larger stuff but often the stainless kind.

Hit the towel line, with the tide coming in. So the sand had about 6 hours to drain out, moist but not waterlogged.

This Puppy Hunts!

Gold ring 2.0 gr with a gem, partially worn through, will need to get it tested, hallmark is unreadable.

This Puppy Hunts or do I need to fill in my lottery ticket today?? Just Lucky I guess.

20180305_2.0gr, detectie, Equinox 800, goud, Minelab, strand, vondst-2.jpg

20180305_2.0gr, detectie, Equinox 800, goud, Minelab, strand, vondst.jpg

Tried engaging Gold mode at the beach?? Oh My God it turned this machine into Starship Enterpise doing Warp 9. Need to read the manual again :-)

Don’t hunt by numbers people, this is a Deus Killer that hunts by ear. It just loves those iron core, copper filament coins.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Another first for the Nox 800. A baby's gold bracelet from the wet beach. Still on Beach-1 mode.

Can't read the hallmarks, but the engraved date 01/08/96 is a clue to the gold content and purity :-)

22 years on the wet beach in the older coins strata.

1,8 gram and the nox had me chasing a few smaller targets that fell through the scoop.

I'm really starting to like this machine an awfull lot!

20180416_detectie, Equinox 800, goud, strand, vondst.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/4/2018 at 12:21 PM, scoopjohnb said:

What kind of animal is that on the far right :-)

A snapper! Priceless

On 4/16/2018 at 1:02 PM, scoopjohnb said:

Another first for the Nox 800. A baby's gold bracelet from the wet beach. Still on Beach-1 mode.

Can't read the hallmarks, but the engraved date 01/08/96 is a clue to the gold content and purity :-)

22 years on the wet beach in the older coins strata.

1,8 gram and the nox had me chasing a few smaller targets that fell through the scoop.

I'm really starting to like this machine an awfull lot!

20180416_detectie, Equinox 800, goud, strand, vondst.jpg

Nice going on the baby gold!! 

Do you recall what the TID# was in Beach1 on the bracelet?

A nice solid TID 5, probably from the “large” part. Now and again I hit left overs from beach fires BBQ’s, they hit 2-5 range. But just that slightly longer drawn out signal in pinpoint and they tend to jump a number.

Being the natural sluice that it is. When your hitting foil or those small bbq leftovers. You’re just that tad too high up the slope. You just let the beach tell you where the targets are and then grid the area.

5 hours ago, scoopjohnb said:

When your hitting foil or those small bbq leftovers. You’re just that tad too high up the slope. You just let the beach tell you where the targets are and then grid the area.

I have found that many successful detectorists also would make great puzzle solvers, detectives, and judges of human nature by seeking the answers to such questions as: Where are people most likely to lose things here (e.g., where there has been partying going on or gathering around that flat table-like rock)? Where would other detectorists not bother to search (e g., underneath that thorn bush or in the middle of that metal trash debris field)?  Where were those found fired minie balls being fired from (e.g., the top of that hill). And that is where you will find the keepers other less inquiring minds failed to investigate.