Feel The Power Of Your 800

mn90403

Outstanding! The people like yourself who really take the time to learn what the machine is telling them are going to clean up. You can run it fast and cherry pick or you can tune it, slow down and get it all. Well done Mitchel. 

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Good thoughts Mitchel, listening to the sounds the detector makes seems to be a big key with this one - it has a lot of sounds coming out of it. I also thought it was interesting to hear the amount of blanking that goes on when you run a little threshold. Continued good luck.

• Like 1

Threshold blanking or nulling tells you two things if you choose to run the threshold where you can hear it. First, rejected items will blank or null as the coil passes over them. You know you have encountered a rejected item.Too much of this may alert you to a need to increase the recovery speed.

On clean ground excessive nulling means you need to check your ground balance and sensitivity setting. An incorrect ground balance will throw off lots of ferrous signals, and if you have these rejected the machine will null constantly. Check the ground balance first. If this does not fix things, you may want to reduce the sensitivity setting. Excessive “blowback” from ground signals can cause target masking.

These reasons are why I prefer to have a threshold sound - it keeps me better informed as to what is going on under the coil so I can adjust accordingly.

Great post Mitchel! :smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

The main problem with people seeking “magic settings” is that there is no such thing. The settings HAVE to vary with ground conditions and target/trash mix. I always try to run my detectors for maximum audio feedback and listen to what they are telling me. The detector literally tells me I am running too hot or not hot enough, recovery speed too high or too low, etc. I do this usually by running 50 tones with no items rejected, which means I really do not need the threshold tone since I hear everything. If I reject any items then I need the threshold to alert me to nulling effects. My settings vary constantly depending on the ground and target mix plus my mood at the time.

Many people find 50 tones too busy or tiring to listen to and I get that. For me a detector running too quiet is like trying to understand a person who has been gagged. Too much information lost and now my detector is not talking to me anymore. I prefer constant feedback and keep volume levels low so it does not barrage my ears.

That said for park hunting I am spoiling myself at times cherry picking and running silent or with fewer tones. Very refreshing I must admit! There are dozens of ways Equinox can be run to suit most anyone and no one method is correct. The idea here should be to have fun and enjoy yourself. Or are you doing this to get rich? Good luck! :smile:

• Like 3

Only have a few hours of Nox under my belt. But who ever designed the audio should get be very pleased with themselves. This machine is a real pleasure to listen to, no audio fatigue what so ever. The tones have a nice full body to them. Especially that Iron tone is spot on. Its there easy recognisable even the deep small stuff. But it doesn't become annoying. 

• Like 3

Guest Tnsharpshooter
4 minutes ago, scoopjohnb said:

Only have a few hours of Nox under my belt. But who ever designed the audio should get be very pleased with themselves. This machine is a real pleasure to listen to, no audio fatigue what so ever. The tones have a nice full body to them. Especially that Iron tone is spot on. Its there easy recognisable even the deep small stuff. But it doesn't become annoying. 

I agree with you 1,000 %.