Pinpoint Volume

I have noticed that the pinpoint volume increases from what your volume is set at.  Does anybody know if you can turn the pinpoint volume down or have it match what your volume is set at? It seems like minelab has made it max volume for pinpoint.  It’s way too loud for my ears.  Thanks for your help!

Steve, 

I was going to try that So it didn’t blow my eardrums up. But I shouldn’t have to what I have read the volume should be the same but it’s not. I do have the 800. But I was playing around with it again and it still seems like it’s at Max volume on pinpoint only and not on my regular volume. Thanks for the input.  I have tried the factory reset with no change also.  Wondering if anybody else is having that same issue? 

3 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

What are your audio settings and what headphones etc if any are you using?

Volume settings is 20 and using stock wireless headphones.  I also just tried using no headphones with the same results. I switch over to pinpoint and it’s like it’s on Max volume. 

It’s VCO pinpoint..  Does it get more quiet as you raise the coil further from a coin? If not something is clearly wrong..

Bryan

Road Dog,

I came across this small paragraph on page 17 when reading through the manual, and it may be what you’re looking for:

DFC620FF-86D3-45FA-8464-3F505866DC1B.jpeg.9acca1971d2fb34c5ef93361c808885c.jpeg

So if you haven’t already, try turning down the detector volume and see if that has any effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lunk said:

Road Dog,

I came across this small paragraph on page 17 when reading through the manual, and it may be what you’re looking for:

DFC620FF-86D3-45FA-8464-3F505866DC1B.jpeg.9acca1971d2fb34c5ef93361c808885c.jpeg

So if you haven’t already, try turning down the detector volume and see if that has any effect.

Lunk,  

Thanks for that I was out with it yesterday all day and played around and turned the volume down and it helped a little bit. Still to loud for me but I’m just dealing with it. No One around me that I know of has one so I can’t check their’s to see if it does the same thing.  I just wish it was like the 7000 you could control it. 

RD

• Like 1

Road Dog, my 600 does the same thing. I was practicing in a nearby park, no headphones on, and every time I used pinpoint I attracted unwanted attention, "what's that?whatcha looking for?find any Treasure?" lol! I just got some wireless headphones from amazon last night, and hope it doesn't bust my eardrums!

• Like 1