Charging Ml 80 Wireless Headphones

Woteva

11 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

Well I guess I've wore out my charging socket.  Been having a time trying to get the charge light to come on but this time it looks like the female port on the head phones has come loose and fell inside the ear piece.  Not sure what I'll have to do now. 

Seems like I read somewhere that these head phones are actually made by another company, any ideas?

Well, since all Equinoxes are still under warranty (3 years), why not get them replaced by ML?  I have heard of this happening to other users and ML has honored the warranty for this issue.

10 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Personally I love the ML80s and mine although broken (I ran over them!) and glued back together are still going strong. They are rebranded Miccus SR-71 Stealth headphones. Four hours to charge from fully dead, up to 20 hours operation when fully charged.

Just a word of caution, I have had a couple of reports of people not being able to pair these newer version Miccus phones (same model number as the original SR-71's, but some cosmetic and electronic "upgrades" have been incorporated).  Miccus support has been responsive, but they acknowledge some sort of compatibility problem now with the Equinox (they have had a number of reports) but say it is up to ML to address.  I think they will accept a return in any event, if you run into that problem.  Note, one individual I was in contact with couldn't pair the new SR-71's either before or after the most recent Equinox update (i.e., the new Equinox firmware did not fix his existing SR-71 pairing problem).  I know this makes no sense if everything is truly BT APTX LL compatible, but there you have it for what it's worth.

BTW, I have had the older Miccus SR-71 phones since BEFORE the Equinox came out (I use them with my GPX too and figured they would make a great backup to the ML phones).  I've basically been using them instead of the ML phones for both detectors for over a year and a half and the are still going strong.  I wish I could confirm the new compatibility issue first hand because I actually like the audio better on the Miccus phones than the ML's (they have better high end response for some reason) and would like to eventually be able to replicate that with a replacement pair should they ever give up the ghost.

• Like 3

Thanks for the very informative reply😊

• Like 1

Any ideas on how to dissemble the unit so I can attach the charging unit plug back in its place.

What a shame to discard a good set of headphones because of charging issues.

You are correct.  At present they still have a charge.  I'll do just that.  They're just such a good set of phones I hate to discard them.  Thanks Steve.

2 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

You are correct.  At present they still have a charge.  I'll do just that.  They're just such a good set of phones I hate to discard them.  Thanks Steve.

I still don’t understand why you are not seeking to have them replaced under warranty.

• Like 1

Oh, I didn't think they would replace them because of that issue.

• Confused 1

I checked on the Minelab site and the headphones are under warranty for 3 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

I still don’t understand why you are not seeking to have them replaced under warranty.

Massively good call I was not even thinking about! 👍

Looks like you do get one thing buying the Minelab brand version besides the label... an extra year of warranty.

• Like 1

The charging socket broke away in mine too .  I carefully pulled them apart to see if i could fix them but found the socket is soldered to a circuit board and requires some pretty good electronics soldering skills to fix . I just put them back together and sent them in for replacement . They were replaced with no issues .

• Like 3