Charging Ml 80 Wireless Headphones

Woteva

7 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

Oh, I didn't think they would replace them because of that issue.

7 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

I checked on the Minelab site and the headphones are under warranty for 3 years.

Yes, they are.  Thanks for confirming what I posted above (requoted below), it is nice to know I am not getting bogus info out there.  Maybe I need to write less per post so the important info gets seen.  :mellow:. In any event, hope ML comes through for you on this (I see another user was able to return to ML under warranty with the same issue so the odds appear to be in your favor). :biggrin:. Good luck!  As Steve said, it is a generous warranty package from ML compared to other detectors so take advantage of the protections to your investment.

On 10/6/2019 at 8:49 PM, Chase Goldman said:
On 10/6/2019 at 7:14 PM, Mark Gillespie said:

Well I guess I've wore out my charging socket.  Been having a time trying to get the charge light to come on but this time it looks like the female port on the head phones has come loose and fell inside the ear piece.  Not sure what I'll have to do now. 

Seems like I read somewhere that these head phones are actually made by another company, any ideas?

Well, since all Equinoxes are still under warranty (3 years), why not get them replaced by ML?  I have heard of this happening to other users and ML has honored the warranty for this issue.

• Like 1

Thanks all

• Like 1

I sent the US service department an email last night requesting instructions on returns.  I'll post here when I have a reply.

• Like 1

Well its been one entire day, no return email yet.

Guess I'll wait  2-3 days the maybe call.

They're most likely very busy.

Received my email this morning with the instructions and a RMA number for shipping the headphones back.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi Woteva, 2 questions please....I'm wondering if Minelab has changed the ml80, I just received my equinox 800 and there are no LED on the left earpiece....am I missing something? 2. How long are you charging the ml80 please? No time listed for ml80 in the manual. The machine charge time is listed at 4hrs. Thanks everyone!

The LEDs are very small.  They light if the headphones are taking a charge and go out when the headphones are fully charged.  My ML80 headphones usually charge in less than an hour.