Equinox, Micro Nuggets

Condor

Good job there precious.....:biggrin:

I went back to the beach today---- Zequinox is deadly on quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies---- oh thats about all of them....man i dug one quarter that was over a foot deep-- i have a video of the hole i will add later.....

I am glad to hear that it is hitting on that small gold--- i will take it to australia this year instead of the Monster and see if i can get some time in on some steep washes... (the 7000 kills me on those wash walls)

Oh yeah---there isnt a bottle cap the Zequinox doesnt love!!!!!!! Man it hit like crazy on them.

So was the 800 pretty stable out there today??? How's EMI?? Have you notice any at all???

TTYL tater..

29_VID_DEEP.mp4

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

Good job there precious.....:biggrin:

I went back to the beach today---- Zequinox is deadly on quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies---- oh thats about all of them....man i dug one quarter that was over a foot deep-- i have a video of the hole i will add later.....

I am glad to hear that it is hitting on that small gold--- i will take it to australia this year instead of the Monster and see if i can get some time in on some steep washes... (the 7000 kills me on those wash walls)

Oh yeah---there isnt a bottle cap the Zequinox doesnt love!!!!!!! Man it hit like crazy on them.

So was the 800 pretty stable out there today??? How's EMI?? Have you notice any at all???

TTYL tater..

Go ahead and take the equinox to oz. Just leave the 7000 here with me and ill make sure it finds enough to finally be paid off. Lol. After im done i will forward it to oz thru Fedex. Lol

Not yet Fred-- they are a 14 just like gold rings

detectorcomparisons had a youtube on the CTX and the Zeequinox side by side-yesterday----- he showed the separation issue by using a gold ring and a bottle cap--- the Zeke would hit hard on 14 for both----the CTX would separate them by a few points--- i cant remember the numbers exactly ..but you know how easy it got to predict a bottle cap with the CTX---not so with the Zeke--- 14 is 14!----

But..... the quarters and 50 cent pieces had a bigger separation in the Equinox than did the CTX---so there's  where i would grab more scale real estate if I could...

I posited that maybe the gurus at ML could do a software update that would stretch out the readings of the bottle caps and gold---

if there is a only a certain amount of room on the scale--say 0-40 then i would gladly give up  some of the scale in the 25- 40 range--I am digging ALL of those targets anyway.  If it is over 25 it is dug!

Fred,

I know this is an over simplistic view of the VDI spectrum scale but that's how my mind works--- overly simple--- (shut up Scott)

By the way i sold the CTX last week,,, so now I have the exclusive  ability to clean the beach of bottle caps...lolol.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BemvFxLDmzMOHFh02

3-6-ZEKE.thumb.jpg.c54ba97586aec679875c1356b2b4058e.jpg

• Like 3

The machine with these high settings is very bump sensitive.  From my previous tests with test nuggets, if you were concentrating on 1/2 gram and larger nuggets you could turn down the threshold to near silence.  It will cut out about half of the bump falsing and still hit the nuggets pretty clearly.  You can certainly turn down the Sens and achieve less falsing, but over test nuggets the depth drops off dramatically.  Real world results on undug targets may differ.  Bear in mind this is basically my 3rd time out with this detector, so don't count my word as gospel.  I like the machine, and I want to like it even more because of its weight and ease of use. 

Paul:  No problems with EMI 10 miles outside of sunny Yuma.  The Marine F22's fly  here everyday and they play havoc at times with the GPZ, but no issues with the Nox.  I detected directly under power lines and there was a noticeable hum, but no real problem.  

Edit 3/10 - See follow up post.

• Like 2