Looking To Upgrade To Equinox 600/800

I just joined the Forum and Fan Club today but have been metal detecting with a Whites XLT on land and Garrett Infinium LS for the past 14 years.  Looking to upgrade to a Minelab Equinox 600/800 after having done the research , reviewed the manual, and watched the YOUTUBE posts. I do land detecting around Reno,NV and beaches at Lake Tahoe,so, have to deal with the mineralized ground.  In my 14 years I have found 19,376 coins while also pulling 17,835 pieces of trash/garbage from the sand/water at Lake Tahoe.  I would have to consider myself semi-hardcore when it comes to detecting.  Looking to branch out to mining camp and gold nuggets shootings, thats why in part looking at the Minelab Equinox.  ( can't afford the CTX 3030). My question.  What's the best way to get a Minelab Equinox 800?  Hard to find one currently in stock anywhere.  Also, looking for a hunting buddy in the Reno,NV area . Thanks. 

• Like 2

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Welcome to the forum Walter.  Sounds like you put a few miles on your XLT.

Walter if you want an 800 unit, my recommendation is call a few dealers.  You'll likely be better off committing to one depending on what they tell you.  Backlogs of already ordered units are supposed to be filled by the end of this month.

Only comcern is, how many more have been ordered since Minelab said what they did.  So it could be possible the length of time filling preorders is extended.

They seem to be selling like hot cakes.

I actually bought an 800 last Sat. and it shipped Monday, delivery this Sat. I was never on a waiting list and thought I would have to wait until demand died down but then I came across a post on another site of someone who found one and I pm'd him and he told me that the dealer had one more so I called and bought it. I don't think all dealers have waiting lists, some may just sell first come first serve.  So as mentioned already, contact the smaller dealers, I keep coming across posts of people who bought and were never on a list.

I got mine from Brian at AK mining in Alaska. They give the 15% Veteran's/Military discount and also ship Fedex 2nd day for free. Great company! And they seem to get them in all the time.

(800) 478-3444  (907) 277-1741

www.akmining.com/

• Like 1

I used https://usadetectors.com near Houston. I found him from the Minelab website. John has his cell number on the site. He asks for and will respond to texts. Great transaction, military discount, free shipping, extras. Ordered EQX600 on Friday, got it Tuesday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Metaldetectingisfun said:

I got mine from Brian at AK mining in Alaska. They give the 15% Veteran's/Military discount and also ship Fedex 2nd day for free. Great company! And they seem to get them in all the time.

(800) 478-3444  (907) 277-1741

www.akmining.com/

Welcome to the forum Walter!

I try to stay neutral but AMDS was founded by myself and my school chum Dudley Benesch in 1976. After 35 years in business Dudley and I were ready to move on, but we did not want to see something we built for decades come to an end and we certainly did not want to put our very large staff out of work. We managed to create a leveraged buyout for the employees and the company has now been employee owned since 2010. Pretty cool I think and Brian Berkhahn there will bend over backwards to help his customers. I know for a fact they have more Equinox detectors in the pipeline than most others dealers due to the strong financial resources of the company allowing for a very large initial order. And being off the beaten trail - well, an option worth looking at. I will get off that soapbox now and leave it be. I am not here to sell detectors to people. That's Brian's job!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 1:11 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Welcome to the forum Walter!

I try to stay neutral but AMDS was founded by myself and my school chum Dudley Benesch in 1976. After 35 years in business Dudley and I were ready to move on, but we did not want to see something we built for decades come to an end and we certainly did not want to put our very large staff out of work. We managed to create a leveraged buyout for the employees and the company has now been employee owned since 2010. Pretty cool I think and Brian Berkhahn there will bend over backwards to help his customers. I know for a fact they have more Equinox detectors in the pipeline than most others dealers due to the strong financial resources of the company allowing for a very large initial order. And being off the beaten trail - well, an option worth looking at. I will get off that soapbox now and leave it be. I am not here to sell detectors to people. That's Brian's job!

AMDS are good people to do business with. Contacted them (Brian) on the 21st of this month and got on the pre-order list for a Equinox 800. Today i got an email with the tracking number. They also honor the military discount.

Folks, if you don't have a local dealer or you don't feel your being taken care of give Brian and AMDS a shot, I can assure you will be well taken care of, not only during the purchase but after as well. That is something that is missing with a lot of online retailers. Don't forget they are waaaaay more than a detector shop, detectors, mining equipment and parts, diving suits and related gear as well as power sports, ATV's, snow machines, boats, really the inventory is huge and if they don't have it in stock they can order it, no matter how obscure it is. That is the nice thing in dealing with a supplier that not only sells but is passionate and active in the game we play.

I bought my fist snow machine  from AMDS 22 years ago and been happy ever since!

THANKS!

• Like 2