A Couple Of Nox Mods

Dan(NM)

I saw that you can get a full s-shaft replacement Kit for equinox For $75 made in Ukraine. ($25 shipping) 

will take few weeks to get from overseas but nice option if you want the s-shaft. Looks well made. 

3 hours ago, relicmeister said:

I saw that you can get a full s-shaft replacement Kit for equinox For $75 made in Ukraine. ($25 shipping) 

will take few weeks to get from overseas but nice option if you want the s-shaft. Looks well made. 

Do you have a link?

3 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

Do you have a link?

Being a semi-Luddite I don’t know how to make a link

and put it here but it’s eBay under

Minelab Equinox 600/800 universal shaft  and I was wrong it’s $49 plus $25 shipping. I ordered one a week ago and since decided not to use it on my 600 as one will use folded carbon fiber shaft with 11” coil and my 2nd 600 will use Steve H’s telescoping monopole with 6” coil. 
   If you want to get in touch with me I’ll sell it to you for $55 shipped when I get it. 

26 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

The S-shaft looks nice. I wonder if it allows you to carry the Equinox right side up.

Would you explain what you mean by "carry right side up?"  Odd that this photo shows a Detech 13" Ultimate coil attached to the Equinox.  Maybe they are trying to get Simon (Phrunt) excited...  🤷‍♂️

If there were an easier way to get one besides international shipping (and they are good quality, of course) I suspect they would sell the heck out of these.

I agree that the second one looks odd.  Possibly it allows a longer reach and thus a wider/longer sweep arc while still keeping a comfortable grip & hold position.

33 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Would you explain what you mean by "carry right side up?" 

Because the Equinox is so top-heavy, the only way to carry it comfortably is upside down.  I don't like this because it makes the control pod vulnerable if you happen to trip and fall or drop it on the ground. I've already broken one control pod this way. Luckily, they replaced it at a very reasonable cost.

The S-rod might give it a better balance point so that it could be carried right side up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

Luckily, they replaced it at a very reasonable cost.

Since the first batch of Equinoxes are about to exit their warranty period in a few months, I would be VERY interested to know what they charged for a pod replacement.  That might start becoming "a thing" in a few months as units fail electronically or due to water intrusion out of warranty.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Odd that this photo shows a Detech 13" Ultimate coil attached to the Equinox.  Maybe they are trying to get Simon (Phrunt) excited...  🤷‍♂️

I noticed this too, and then zoomed in on the photo and realized they just have the cable wrapped back on itself, it is not actually connected to the control pod.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chase Goldman said:

Since the first batch of Equinoxes are about to exit their warranty period in a few months, I would be VERY interested to know what they charged for a pod replacement.  That might start becoming "a thing" in a few months as units fail electronically or due to water intrusion out of warranty.

It happened back in March of 2019. The cost for replacing the pod was $180 plus shipping. They said it was a one time deal and that normally it would cost more than that. I think they felt sorry for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1