Audio Missing Completely On My GPZ 7000

I have audio problem with gpz 7000 and has failed to resolve even after updating the software... the problem started on its own and I resolved to update hoping it will go away but this far nothing is coming

Hi Mutheba. 

A little more info is needed mate. 

Is this a new machine?  Have you used it before? 

Have you paired the WM12 wireless module?  Has it worked previously?  Is the WM12 fully charged? 

You do know the GPZ does not have a speaker of its own?  It has to use the WM12 or headphones connected directly to it. 

Sorry if I'm asking what seem like dumb questions but often it's often a simple fix.  

Where are you located?  Do you have a dealer nearby that may be able to have a look?  

• Like 1

Hi Northeast.

the machine is not new and has been working fine but sometime back Audio went missing and even after pairing it with WM12 which is of course fully charged I still don't get any audio....the headphones is the same case. am in Kenya and no dealer is around here. Hope someone out there can have a solution coz the nearest I can get a reliable dealer is in Dubai meaning I have to send this machine by mail.

thanks so much for your concern and response

Did you get the first WM12 to work or headphones to work? If you get no audio with headphones the detector probably needs to be serviced.

Owners Manual Page 29:

Connecting Additional WM 12s
To connect additional WM 12s, select Connect Additional WM 12 and then follow the instructions displayed by the Guide. During the guide, a search bar will appear at the bottom right of the guide screen to show that the detector is searching for WM 12s. This will continue for 20 seconds or until an additional WM 12 has connected. The connection process can be cancelled using the Back button. Additional WM 12s will emit a sound when they connect to the detector, and will begin to generate detection audio.

Note: The Connect Additional WM 12 Guide will be displayed even if Guides are turned ‘O ’ on the Preferences page.

Hi Mutheba. 

Kenya - cool :cool:

Have you tried doing a full reset to factory settings?  Worth doing this to return all threshold, volume settings to default.  

Does the WM 12 show that it is paired with the solid green light rather than the blinking red one? 

Perhaps remove the headphone module, make sure the contact points are all clean, etc and then replace.  

The coil may be disconnected.  Disassemble and check all the connections from coil to control box are secure. 

There has also been an issue reported by many people when changing between gold or ground modes but this has been sorted by simply turning the machine off and on again.  

Is it still under warranty?  Do you have a manual with you or can access one online?  Page 61 has some suggestions too. 

When you get all of this sorted we will need to see some pictures of your Kenyan gold :biggrin:

minelab-gpz-reset.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

but I almost forgot the WM12 also has a reset button....

That is my thing that I learnt for the day.  Thanks :wink: