Thought id ask tesoro fans if theyve heard of any new just gotta have one tesoros that may be coming out soon? 

Hmmm how about the rumors of tesoro closing the doors, any validity to that... i am a tesoro fan and i see all of these new detectors with new technology coming out and although its the simplicity of tesoro that first drew me in i just really hope everything is good with tesoro but it honestly seems to me they need to hit a homerun on some new stuff to stay relevant...something to get us fans excited.

They make great little detectors for a dedicated niche market, and if they are not spending any money on R&D they can just ride on what they have for a long time. To actively compete with what we are seeing just from Minelab and Nokta/Makro at this time would take a significant investment of money and I just don’t see it happening. They are getting killed on the high end and low end both with rapidly dropping prices from the competition. I personally get the sense they are just milking it for as long as they can. That’s just an opinion though since you asked. I have no inside info.

Put another way, if I was to get back into selling detectors tomorrow, I would not bother becoming a Tesoro dealer. Why would anyone? That about says it all.

Yes steve i think you are 100 percent  right, jjst weird to me if i owned tesoro and it was baby i just cant imagine sayin screw it will stay like we are and hope for the best..maybe will be open next year and maybe we wont...ive been holding out for the last couple years on buying a new detector in the hopes they would do something new. I guess the equinox just keeps looking better and better.

Well, remember it was father Jack Gifford who created both the company and most of the basic circuits. He like many industry leaders has passed on in the last few years. Being a business founder and owner myself I can testify to how hard it is for any second generation of owners to keep the spark alive.

Dont get me wrong - I was a Tesoro Gold Dealer for many years and have a lot of respect for the machines and the companies place in history. It’s just that it must be obvious by now I would think to most people that the industry is moving forward and Tesoro is not. That can’t go on forever.

• Like 1

If they do come out with another model we probably won’t hear about it until its available for purchase.  They generally don’t do the pre release hype.   

Im glad that I learned on a Tesoro though.   Beep and dig machines definitely help get your ears tuned into whats going on.  Makes the step up to an ID and multi tone machine much easier.  

• 7 months later...
On 3/11/2018 at 5:35 AM, Noah (FL) said:

If they do come out with another model we probably won’t hear about it until its available for purchase.  They generally don’t do the pre release hype.   

Im glad that I learned on a Tesoro though.   Beep and dig machines definitely help get your ears tuned into whats going on.  Makes the step up to an ID and multi tone machine much easier.  

if you learn the "nuances" of a tesoro you won't need to go i.d or tones!..once you know what the detector is telling you...best audio modulation in the business.

(h.h.!)

j.t.