Equinox Silver! And Some Pinpointing Issues With It

I've found the pinpointing on the EQ800 to be just about the best on any machine I've used, aside from my Etrac and F75. 

Actually it works very much like the Etracs PP IIRC.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I've found the pinpointing on the EQ800 to be just about the best on any machine I've used, aside from my Etrac and F75. 

Actually it works very much like the Etracs PP IIRC.  

Try the wiggle back method (for DD coils)

Pinpoint button accuracy is not the issue

• 3 months later...

An interesting report by djm666 on another forum:

"I have been in the garden experimenting with the pinpoint on my NOX800 as I have found the accuracy to be poor at times, and have found something interesting.

A coin flat on will pinpoint to the centre of the coil. However a coin edge on will pinpoint to the left and right edges of the coil, and a coin at 45 degrees pinpoints somewhere to the middle left of the coil."

The Nox stock coil is unusually hot at the edges, so it seems to make sense that when a coin is on edge and presenting its largest profile to the side rather than center of the coil, this might happen. Of course, the difference in angle would diminish as the depth increases, so this should be less likely to happen with really deep coins. 

On 6/28/2018 at 1:38 PM, Dubious said:

An interesting report by djm666 on another forum:

"I have been in the garden experimenting with the pinpoint on my NOX800 as I have found the accuracy to be poor at times, and have found something interesting.

A coin flat on will pinpoint to the centre of the coil. However a coin edge on will pinpoint to the left and right edges of the coil, and a coin at 45 degrees pinpoints somewhere to the middle left of the coil."

I see a connection....