Gravel Suckers & Crevice Cleaners

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

here's one....

...and more.  Thanks, Steve.  I think I already have some of the parts one hand.  I have a good crevice to use it on (although not likely to hold gold, but lots of lead for practice) so I'd better get busy.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

On 3/12/2018 at 10:01 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, I am done with shovels into sluice boxes etc. Metal detecting is the only way I find gold from here on out. I spent decades doing all the dredging and other stuff. Great memories but been there, done that. Time to clear it all out.

Just out of curiosity, a couple years later, are you still only detecting with metal detectors and no more dry washing?

I've never dry washed as it is not very practical in Alaska. I brought my sluices and sucker guns etc south with me from Alaska but sold most of it a couple years ago. Have a few more things to sell soon. But all my gold finding with rare exceptions has been with nothing but detectors for over 15 years now.

It is all documented here

• Like 2

OHH YEAHHH. Fun with PVC!!

My wife still does not understand my fascination with PVC pipe. I do all kinds of things with it. The office chair I'm sitting in now for example- The hydraulic lift kept sinking down without me pressing it. I set it to the height I use all the time, measured and cut a piece of PVC pipe to go over the pump. Sinking chair problem gone for over a year now!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2