My First Equinox Hunt Nets A Half

StevenB

My Equinox 800 arrived last week and today for the first time I was able to spend some time searching some spots in the neighborhood I've previously searched with my other detector.  In short, I was very pleased with the results but definitely have a lot of practicing to do to learn the new machine.  BIG THANKS to everyone on this site who have contributed their knowledge and experiences; it's really helped me hit the ground running and it felt like I knew a lot about operating the Equinox effectively before I even opened the box.

Sorry about the overexposed picture but this is a 1935 Walking Liberty half that I dug today, my first Equinox silver and in fact the first Walker I've ever dug in three years of detecting!  In all fairness, it was only about 3 inches deep and any detector could have found it, especially considering it was in a curb strip!  This was a new location for me.  It rang up as a 33/34 on the EQ.  On nearby sites that I've hunted extensively before, I dug a 1902 IHP and five wheat Lincolns (two of them dated 1919).  Also a Chester A. Arthur commemorative token, probably from the 1950s, that was slightly larger but thinner than a quarter and rang up at 22 on the EQ.  Also a small amount of clad but surprisingly no dimes of any type. Pull tabs of various types came in mostly at 14-17 and aluminum screw caps sounded off nicely in the mid 20s (too bad!).

Probably the most interesting find, to me at least, was a rusty nut and bolt with a copper washer still attached.  The fact that the Equinox saw the washer was impressive!IMG_20180311_181258.thumb.jpg.f7a9e5a44ce032e26f8c3a036e7d9577.jpg

• Like 6