Stealth 720i Sand Scoop Questions

I like the 720 but for my fresh water wading in sand I would prefer the small holes be at the front or tip of the scoop.  Reason being in the clear water I hunt tiny items that filter thru are now at the sands surface.  With the small holes at the front you can then dip out a small amount of sand with the tip and you have the target. I have hundreds of hours wading the lakes around here and this would be a huge boon for me.  I should call Chuck and run this past him.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this scoop which arrived today from Amazon. Very robust welds and can be used as a hand scoop or as a foot digger. 1/4" hex holes. $85.
Bought a 46" shovel handle at HD for $12,  trimmed it down a bit to fit, and installed. 
Going to test it in an hour on a beach. It will save my back and knees!

61zomJqvGdL.jpg.9df4bb21b79b5768bccc201e017e1e29.jpg5ad22459479ca_61xIWdVy7L.jpg.b7861d185c24f4234bf0503140085884.jpg

On 4/14/2018 at 9:55 AM, SittingElf said:

I bought this scoop which arrived today from Amazon. Very robust welds and can be used as a hand scoop or as a foot digger. 1/4" hex holes. $85.
Bought a 46" shovel handle at HD for $12,  trimmed it down a bit to fit, and installed. 
Going to test it in an hour on a beach. It will save my back and knees!

61zomJqvGdL.jpg.9df4bb21b79b5768bccc201e017e1e29.jpg5ad22459479ca_61xIWdVy7L.jpg.b7861d185c24f4234bf0503140085884.jpg

So, anything to share about what you thought of the scoop? I'll soon be in the market for one and the one you bought is on the list of possibilities as well as a size up from this one. Thanks

On 3/30/2018 at 2:06 AM, Jackpine said:

I like the 720 but for my fresh water wading in sand I would prefer the small holes be at the front or tip of the scoop.  Reason being in the clear water I hunt tiny items that filter thru are now at the sands surface.  With the small holes at the front you can then dip out a small amount of sand with the tip and you have the target. I have hundreds of hours wading the lakes around here and this would be a huge boon for me.  I should call Chuck and run this past him.

I agree this might be the way to go, but it is very hard to find a scoop like this. Lots of Googling found me a company that specializes in this type design - Lucky Scoop. They have several models and most seem like great designs for micro jewelry.

http://luckyscoop.com/en/beach-sand-scoops

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-LUCKY-scoop-Sand-scoop-METAL-DETECTING-beach-hunting-/251697133399

0555E07C-AB7B-4EEC-A455-CBD57642D891.jpeg

• Like 3

On 4/17/2018 at 10:43 PM, Againstmywill said:

So, anything to share about what you thought of the scoop? I'll soon be in the market for one and the one you bought is on the list of possibilities as well as a size up from this one. Thanks

I like the scoop, just wish it were a little wider.  Nonetheless, it is robust with good welds, and there was no problem attaching a shovel handle. Used a screw to secure so that the handle can be easily removed if I want to use the handhold. We'll see how it holds up in both saltwater, dry sand, and freshwater ponds and beaches.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 12:30 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I agree this might be the way to go, but it is very hard to find a scoop like this. Lots of Googling found me a company that specializes in this type design - Lucky Scoop. They have several models and most seem like great designs for micro jewelry.

Looks good Steve.  Would be even better if the small holes were extended a bit further back.