Saying Good Bye

I pulled a Steve tonight and sold my CTX....I've found so much with this machine that it's paid for itself easily..I still have a 5 gallon bucket full of coins that I need to cash in...not to mention all the gold and silver jewelry that it found for me. In the end it was an easy decision...because I have a new CTX that has barely been used :smile: At any rate I made a deal with myself a while ago that I was not going to buy any new detectors unless I got rid of a few..... (Merton are you listening).....Hopefully the  800 will be here before our Pismo trip next month. Also on the chopping block was the AT Gold I bought for Lisa several years ago. She proclaimed that she no longer wanted to use it after a short stint on the beach with the CTX...I'm thinking she will like the light weight of the Equinox and may want to use it also. The 800 is going to be good for my relic spots thats for sure..

strick 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm going to be in Avila beach in two weeks with my Equinox so I will probably get everything in Pismo before you get there. I'll leave you a few zincs in the dry sand so you can learn the tones. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Skate said:

I'm going to be in Avila beach in two weeks with my Equinox so I will probably get everything in Pismo before you get there. I'll leave you a few zincs in the dry sand so you can learn the tones. :laugh:

I just better not catch you in my relic spots up north :biggrin:

strick 

• Haha 1

Strick,

I did the same thing...got rid of all my Nokta's and AT-gold. I'm down to three machines now...GPX, E-Trac, Equinox. Lots more room in my man cave! Although, all are good machines and found their share of goodies, I'm glad they found good homes... and my life is less cluttered. I'm really liking the Equinox. Looking forward to your reports with it.

Dean

• Like 1

Heck no way I'm leaving this great forum...you guys are like family lol...at any rate I showed the CTX buyer how it works...the different settings etc...he was coming from an etrac so he should be able to pick it right up. I wore the carbon fiber shaft down almost to the glass on that machine so he will have to put some tape below the coupling so the shaft wont slide up when pressing down on it. It's all good  and I hope it's as good to him as it was good to me. Looking forward to hitting all my spots with the new technology and posting my finds on this wonderful site. 

strick 

• Like 2

Strick, do you sell detectors on consignment? LOL

My problem is whenever I think about selling any of my detectors I experience "separation anxiety" and my resolve quickly turns to inertia.

• Haha 1