High Mineral And Equinox Tip

Great information Daniel!!

Maybe I missed it, but without any mineralization reporting on the EQ, how can you tell if your ground is mineralized?   

I have lots of sites that I already know the mineralization is high, but how do you tell on new sites that you have no idea? 

Perhaps there's still a reason to keep my F75 :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

how can you tell if your ground is mineralized? 

Isn't this indicated by the ground balance number?

9 hours ago, MarXthespot said:

Isn't this indicated by the ground balance number?

The ground balance number tell you the TYPE of mineralization, not the AMOUNT of the mineralization. A few machines like the F75 can give you a rough idea of the mineral content via a Fe3O4 meter.

GB Numbers = Mineralization?

With Equinox it is more about the ground balance number and sensitivity setting it takes to quiet the ground. In All Metal (Horseshoe button, all items accepted) you can hear the ground response in the -9 -8 and -7 numbers. In milder ground you can not even ground balance and hear no noise in the -9 to -7 range. In worse ground you need to ground balance to get that range to be quiet. In severe ground you will have to both ground balance and lower sensitivity to  quiet the ground. The lower the sensitivity needs to be to quiet the ground, the more ground mineralization you are dealing with.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Where i live we have some beaches with high mineral conditions. In that beaches i detect as its described here,  high recovery speed, all metal, and slow with the coil parallel to beach surface. And it works. This with the Equinox. 

I also own an Excalibur, and the way to detect here is in pinpoint mode (all metal), and slow and parallel.

Really works! 🥳

• Like 3