A Slight Delay Before I Go Detecting

That is why I am in Arizona. 41 degrees this morning and planning on going to some new ground for me.:smile:

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, strick said:

Yea it rained like a bugger over here...at least the turf will be soft. 

strick 

The incessant rain over the last week is getting a little old although I am sure it makes some people happy. I really enjoyed my winter detecting during those drought years. I had planned on going up into the hills on the weekend until they changed the forecast and snow levels. :dry:

Steve, at least it looks like it will melt off in a couple of weeks.

Here, Snow came down to about 2500 feet yesterday but is all melted off up to 4000 feet this am.  No rain last night and blue sky this am!

No I am a fair weather detectorist these days. In Alaska I had to hunt no matter how bad it was due to short season. Here, there are so many nice days I am not out unless it’s halfway decent. Like 50 or better. I am so busy with other stuff I need winter downtime anyway.  

• Like 4

This winter in Western Montana has put snow level on my claim at about ten feet with snow drifts 25 feet or more on the road in.

I have spent the winter researching and studying.  I just wish I could retain half of what I have read.  Normally I have to wait until July 1 to get in and get the gold.  Usually it is worth the wait.

This year I hope to discover other deposits on the fringes of my past workings.  I do coin shoot here in the valley when the snow melts and the ground is not frozen.  What a lifestyle!  Aren't we fortunate?  Good luck out there!

Bugler

• Like 6