Blasphemy, Pure Blasphemy!

I was actually looking for your findings to be just as you reported.  Great and bountiful finds are yet to come.

• Like 1

Very nice! Were you using Beach 1 or 2?

I've only been to the beach once so far with my 800. Coming from a sparky XP Deus Beach 1 was a little too quiet for my liking on dry sand.

Next time I may try Park 1 or 2 on the dry sand and Beach 2 for the water.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MontAmmie said:

The pull tabs are what they are and you just gotta dig 'em.  I think that whoever invented those things should be tied to a chair and forced to watch every single "Oak Island" episode 10 times in a row.

That is the best use I have ever heard for that show!

Nice finds.

Mitchel

• Haha 1

I'm glad you said it Ammie...I was wondering if it would compare to some PI machines on when beach hunting. If I get mine before my beach trip I'll compare it to the TDI pro on some buried targets. 

strick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yeah.  This thing is deep at the beach/wet sand.  I was amazed.

Very nice ring, and nice photo BTW.  You definitely know when it is going to be a legit find.  Even the deep nickels you know are not likely to be pull tabs that deep in the wet stuff.

Am on the way to the beach now. Which mode do you use ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sdbirder said:

Very nice! Were you using Beach 1 or 2?

I've only been to the beach once so far with my 800. Coming from a sparky XP Deus Beach 1 was a little too quiet for my liking on dry sand.

Next time I may try Park 1 or 2 on the dry sand and Beach 2 for the water.

11 hours ago, Nuke em said:

Am on the way to the beach now. Which mode do you use ?

I was using Beach 2, I don't care for Beach 1 either.  I left the recovery speed alone and had the sensitivity on 20-21 most of the time.  I did experiment with different settings until I found the ones I liked best.  I think having the all metal mode on made the most difference and I won't be hunting without it again.  After I dug a few bottle caps it wasn't hard to weed them out.  Today I worked on eliminating canslaw.  And there was a ton of it at Canova!  It seems like it's not so much the tone or the VDI number that matters so much, but the stability.  If you get the same solid number in every direction with not even a hint of an iron grunt then most of the time it's either a coin or some little doo-dad like a snap or a button that's not really trash.  It might be my imagination, but the Equinox seems to like roundness in a target and will tell you if something is circular if you learn what it's saying.  Does that make sense?

• Like 3

On 3/16/2018 at 5:22 PM, MontAmmie said:

My Equinox 800 goes practically as deep on the wet and dry sand as my Garrett Infinium. 

Poor Infinium.  I sure hope it finds some gold in Montana that its new sibling doesn't, 'cause Ammie has a new beach machine. :biggrin:

I also found the Equinox is almost as deep as the Infinium and you avoid all the junk. The TDI pro is still deeper though.  I had the TDI and Equinox  out yesterday comparing deep signals. I  found an old brass key tag and 1915 Barber Quarter the Equinox couldn't get, both were in the 14 to 16 inch range.

On the flip side the Equinox can sure separate the good stuff from the junk. I missed a another brass key tag next to a piece of iron with the TDI that the Equinox locked right onto.

• Like 5