I have two WM 12's, purchased the second some time after the getting the first. The second WM, when turned, on will not work without the original being turned on, is this normal? do I need to do something different to make it work like the original?

Hey Goldscreamer
I run twin WM12`s and they run independently of each other. I don`t know for sure but I`m guessing you would go into settings and select "Connect Additional WM 12" and then set up one of the WM12`s from there.   Dave

So, if you wanted to use the second WM12 that you bought as the only WM12 then you would need to de-pair the original WM12 and pair up the second WM12 now as the first.  If you then wanted to use the first WM12 you brought as the second WM12 you would need to pair it as per the manual for 'Pairing a second WM12'.  

Clear as mud :laugh:

• Like 1

My bad.  No detecting today because there is a huge wind blowing, but I just went out and turned on my detector,  turned on the first WM12, got sound, turned it off , turned on 2nd WM12, no sound, turned on first again and got sound out of the second.    Sorry about that, I assumed they worked independently because I`ve never noticed otherwise.   I`m not real bright. Dave

• Like 1

19 hours ago, phoenix said:

My bad.  No detecting today because there is a huge wind blowing, but I just went out and turned on my detector,  turned on the first WM12, got sound, turned it off , turned on 2nd WM12, no sound, turned on first again and got sound out of the second.    Sorry about that, I assumed they worked independently because I`ve never noticed otherwise.   I`m not real bright. Dave

You need to think of them as the Master and the Slave (Is it politically correct to use that terminology these days?), the Master is connected as per usual and the Slave is connected to the Master. The Slave won't work without the Master present.

JP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

You need to think of them as the Master and the Slave (Is it politically correct to use that terminology these days?),

No worries JP. We just call them boss and employees now.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Master and slave, still a valid term, a mechanical term, no reference to human interaction.  

• Like 2

I have placed red tape on the master so I can pick it out right away.