Finds From A Pounded Desert Site

Nice job on the buffs. I’ve yet to ever find one which is amazing given how long I’ve been detecting. It’s my white whale. 

Congrats!!

Nice! I've not found a Buff either :sad:.

Yes, the Equinox, just like the E-TRAC, loves deep, crusty, bent nails. Man, they sound good! When they come out of the hole you think, "That can't be the target"!

Dean

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The EQ loves nickels doesn't it. 

I noticed that crusty bent nails are more abound when using Field2 vs FIeld1.  That said, I think I like FIeld2 better so far, just seems like I get better depth and make more finds using Field2, but I have a lot to learn.

• Like 1

Nice Buffs!  That 16 looks like it has a lot of detail left on it..

Any mint marks?  Looks like a possible 1914 on the left?   All the 14s are good dates but the D is real good one..  1916 S and D are pretty good too..

Bryan

• Like 1

On 3/18/2018 at 5:28 PM, bado1 said:

Nice! I've not found a Buff either :sad:.

Yes, the Equinox, just like the E-TRAC, loves deep, crusty, bent nails. Man, they sound good! When they come out of the hole you think, "That can't be the target"!

Dean

Yes!  The Equinox nail falsing reminds me a lot of both the E-Trac and CTX.. It’s much easier to separate the coins next to the nails with the Equinox though..  The higher sensitivities will really bring the nails alive..  The Equinox runs so quietly at the higher sensitivity you don’t realize it except for the nail falsing..  

I know they are different detectors and technologies but I realized that I am running my Equinox at around 80% of full power where I can only run my FBS Detectors around 65% of full power without the detector going nuts and falsing off everything..

Im not directing this at you Dean because as an E-Trac user you probably already know this,  but if any of you guys are having trouble digging too many nails, there are a few thing to help cut that down..

Check all high tones from two directions.. use pinpoint to check signal shape in two or more directions.. Turn down your sensitivity.. get an accurate ground balance..   If you just dig signals that beep good in two directions you will cut out most of your nail digs..  When you get more familiar with the Equinox you can start playing with the iffy signals next to iron and it will pay off.. 

Bryan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1