Mike And Steve All Metal Mode Podcast

Well, just listened to my fist Pod Cast!

Steve, I hope you get to do some more of those, reminded me of the old KENI talk shows,  back in the day. Social media is fine but really lacks that personal bit that talk shows have.

Maybe next time start a thread on the topic so we can ask questions and pick the most liked one to talk about on the show. Might be a bunch of fun for everyone.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 2:34 AM, Northeast said:

I nearly ran off the road when I heard one particular tid-bit though...the GPZ 7000 HAS the capability to have discrimination built into it at some stage in the future.  Are you able to/happy to expand on this?  I thought that the prospecting community always just HOPED that this might be a possibility.  From what I heard you might know that it should definitely be a possibility in the future?  Are we just waiting for tech to catch up? 

At the recent Minelab Americas annual Partners Conference, there was a Q & A session with Minelab engineer Mark Lawrie and Peter Charlesworth, President and CEO of Minelab. I put to them the question of when we could expect discrimination on the GPZ 7000, and their response was that discrimination is NOT possible with the ZVT technology. Needless to say, quite a letdown.?

On the bright side however, they did say that there will be 2 more software updates for the GPZ 7000, but did not give any details on what they might be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 4/27/2018 at 3:58 AM, kiwijw said:

I find that the strong rare earth magnet in the heel of my pick handle is a great "discriminator" for the smaller ferrous items & the bigger ferrous items very soon make themselves known. I am just so into the habit of digging all signals, leaving nothing to chance, knowing I have not left a bit of gold behind & I believe that is the "secret" to my continued success in finding the gold I do. Even though it is oh so small.:rolleyes: But the small ones are the hardest to find. IMHO

Nobody least of all me is trying to convince anyone to use discrimination while nugget detecting. If at all possible a person should dig all targets. I always do so whenever possible and anyone thinking I am advocating anything else is misunderstanding my intent.

23 hours ago, Lunk said:

Minelab engineer Mark Lawrie and Peter Charlesworth, President and CEO of Minelab. I put to them the question of when we could expect discrimination on the GPZ 7000, and their response was that discrimination is NOT possible with the ZVT technology. Needless to say, quite a letdown

I would not expect any other answer - the last guy who mentioned what’s in the lab no longer works at Minelab! All you need for discrimination is phase information, and the GPZ as a continuous wave detector should be perfectly capable of collecting and processing that information. I could of course just be wrong about that! :smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

All you need for discrimination is phase information, and the GPZ as a continuous wave detector should be perfectly capable of collecting and processing that information. I could of course just be wrong about that! :smile:

I know, right?! I guess if Minelabs’ 40 engineers and 3 physicists can’t make it happen, no one can. I’m thinking it may have something to do with the coil configuration.?