Minelab Equinox 800 Vs White's V3i

My first observations from equinox in multiple frequency separates better and is deeper and faster than SpectraV3 at a multi frequency ... But, thanks to this CD test because it is not taken and tests by the detector are on the same terrain....in my lightly mineralized terrain my Spectra V3 best reach at rx Gain 7-8 and Ds 90-92 ...

5aba34f26eddf_iphone5Smarec6006_DxO.thumb.jpg.202e7fee9697ca62667c2d2695cda8a7.jpg...... malé teoretické předpoklady ...... Pro porovnání Spectra V3 hloubka leteckých testů: 5 Hz pásmový filtr, zpoždění návratu 30, deph je v cm:5ab77644f15e5_iphoneMarec52018010_DxO.thumb.jpg.de4f6318634a7f9c3bfc064daa1887bd.jpg

On 3/25/2018 at 2:30 AM, EL NINO77 said:

My first observations from equinox in multiple frequency separates better and is deeper and faster than SpectraV3 at a multi frequency ... But, thanks to this CD test because it is not taken and tests by the detector are on the same terrain....in my lightly mineralized terrain my Spectra V3 best reach at rx Gain 7-8 and Ds 90-92 ...

I’m curious to see how the speed of these detectors compare. When the videos from Detectival came out and showed some crazy swinging of the Detector over multiple targets. I checked to see if the V3i could respond similarly. I adjusted the SAT (self adjusting threshold) to 0 or 20 (can’t remember now). I got a similar responds to what I saw in the videos. I believe that the Equinox will process faster then the V3i. I believe this will be the advantage over the V3i. I would guess the ‘proscessor’ on the V3i is well over 10 years old. The Equinox would have a more modern proscessor, that is likely significantly faster. This should allow the Detector to read/display/alert more information. Overall, I think both detectors have many positives. I’m looking forward to getting my 800. 

• Like 3

Here are my very unscientific observations of the V3i vs Equinox..  

My friend that I hunt with is very proficient with his V3i..  We have been cross checking some of our signals between the V3i and Equinox..  Today I had him check a signal near iron to get his opinion on what kind of coin it might be..He couldn’t hear anything but iron.. Not a single peep of non ferrous.. He walked off and told me to let him know if I find a coin... I told him I already knew there was a coin there..  Just didn’t know if it would be a penny or dime..  Dug a Memorial copper at only 5”..  His detector could not see it..   I have been able to easily detect all of his coins that he has found..   Some of the coins he finds and has me check appear to be somewhat iffy to him.. He will be doubtful before he digs and I reassure him that he’s on to a coin with little doubt..  

His V3i does seem to suffer less with nail falsing then the Equinox.. Some of this might be because I tend to run a little hot..  

Bryan

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I have a theory.

If the V was whooping the Nox, we would have already seen streams of you tubes being floated.

Seems they are few and far between.

Might tell us something.

I haven't seen any vids yet.

I do agree the 800 is far simpler to operate, and the newer processor is definetly faster.

But the V is very tunable and it will be interesting to see if anyone can get a good honest comparison test between the two.

So many vids are so unprofessional / unscientific.

ML absolutely has a winner here though.

Spectra at good speed, separation must be set Bottle cap reject to OFF !!!,  modulation OFF,....Best data-ON, 2-tone-mix mode, ground filter 10 Hz, 12hz high, recovery delay = 20 or 15, 10.....

I should be able to contribute to this thread in the very near future as I've held onto my V3i and will be comparing it to my Equinox 600 this spring, and probably the 800 this summer. I continue to believe the V3i has rewards for those that show it patience and persistence. But if it's being outdone despite my best efforts, I'm not afraid to send it on its way. 

• Like 2

Got together with GaryC today for a couple hours at a local park.

We did some testing today of his E-800 and my V3i. we found a few coins and a little trash ... checked several targets with each machine and both reacted about the same on all checked targets. There was one small weird piece of trash that I had some difficulty hitting but that was about it.

Todays tests were farer conclusive as to each machines abilities but it did give us indications to each machines performance.

I have no doubt that for prospecting the 800 will outpace the V but for coin and jewelry I think they are pretty close... But like I said todays tests are far from conclusive..... Had a great time and was a pleasure to meet Gary.

Also met another fellow today that is from a little town just south of us .... He was running a White's DFX 300 with one of the SEF coils. He had to leave early.... And the way he kinda got out of there makes me think he found something good... :biggrin:... Gonna have to talk to him a little later....:biggrin:

On a side note........ We both experienced some pretty bad intermittent EMI which normally hasn't been a problem for me but today it got both of us... Now an interesting observation was that the EMI seemed to start when The Coast Guard helicopter was near... EMI was gone when the chopper was gone, returned again when the chopper returned....

The only thing I can figure is they either had some radio gear operating or it was a result from the discharge from the rotor tips.... Just some food for thought and I am open to others ideas.

Anyway here is what I dug today.........

fullsizeoutput_194.jpeg

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:21 PM, Cabin Fever said:

Here are my very unscientific observations of the V3i vs Equinox..  

My friend that I hunt with is very proficient with his V3i..  We have been cross checking some of our signals between the V3i and Equinox..  Today I had him check a signal near iron to get his opinion on what kind of coin it might be..He couldn’t hear anything but iron.. Not a single peep of non ferrous.. He walked off and told me to let him know if I find a coin... I told him I already knew there was a coin there..  Just didn’t know if it would be a penny or dime..  Dug a Memorial copper at only 5”..  His detector could not see it..   I have been able to easily detect all of his coins that he has found..   Some of the coins he finds and has me check appear to be somewhat iffy to him.. He will be doubtful before he digs and I reassure him that he’s on to a coin with little doubt..  

His V3i does seem to suffer less with nail falsing then the Equinox.. Some of this might be because I tend to run a little hot..  

Bryan

His V3i was probably correct about the iron; your Nox, with its faster circuitry and better separation, was just able to unmask the nearby coin. That's been my experience with the Etrac and Nox, anyway. A coin reasonably alone in the ground? Etrac all the way--better ID and depth info. But start giving the coin some ferous company and you reach a point at which the Etrac doesn't see it at all and the Nox still can.

• Like 2