Another Pacific Northwest Newbie

FlySAR

New to this site and like what I've read and how folks respond to one another.

Bought my first machine at 13 in 1973 from Roy Lagal with steer sale money. It was a Garrett Ghostowner beep and dig with a strength & battery test meter. I found enough silver to buy my second machine in 81', a Garrett Deepseeker ADS, I still own the Ghostowner.

Didn't detect from 83' to 2013 and boy don't I regret it. Fewer restrictions and I was East of the Mississippi 8+ of those yrs from 83-91.

In 2008, after 26yrs in the Army & Coast Guard, I retired and 5 yrs later opened a box containing my Ghostowner.  The new technology after 40 yrs and this thing called a pinpointer is amazing. It's been a blast rediscovering our hobby for the past 4+ yrs.

I met Tiftaaft at a club hunt last year and even though we live a few hours away from each other we try to hunt together a couple times per month.

Look fwd to learning my newest Minelab (800) which should be here Monday or Tues.

May you find time to enjoy our hobby and dig or scoop a little silver and gold along the way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Welcome FlySAR! This is a great hobby for a retiree--Good fun, good exercise and you never know what you are going to find. 

Great having you here. Congrats on buying an Equinox. You're going to have a great time. 

Welcome from Florence, Oregon a Coast Guard City!   GaryC/Oregon Coast

Welcome FlySAR 

I am in Florence Oregon as well ....

Have you made it to cape Disappointment yet? 

You need to get yourself a beach setup so you can get some of that good beach gold they pull from Long Beach and Benson beach. not much for detecting but the fine gold is there.

If you have any questions on that feel free to get in touch and I will give you as much info as I have on the subject..... Happy diggin........ 

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your Nox purchase.

Look forward to your thoughts and commentary.

It is a nice forum, no doubt.

Thanks for the welcome aboard folks.

Wow, two hunters from Florence OR on here; North Jetty beaches must get cleaned often. Spent 8 yrs over two tours in North Bend flying out of there and Newport. Always enjoyed working with MLB Sta Siuslaw River.