Another Pacific Northwest Newbie

FlySAR

That is amazing.  I had no clue.  I haven't hunted the beach too much but on the south jetty where the wind surfers go looks like a place to give it a try.  I've seen many lawn chairs out there on occasion.  Getting to the south jetty is the problem.  It's a long, long walk.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

3 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

That is amazing.  I had no clue.  I haven't hunted the beach too much but on the south jetty where the wind surfers go looks like a place to give it a try.  I've seen many lawn chairs out there on occasion.  Getting to the south jetty is the problem.  It's a long, long walk.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

I have never hunted the south jetty but I have hit all the pull outs on the way to the jetty.... Finds in those were very scarce. hit the trails from the parking to the top of the dune.

I have hunted the north jetty and found a few odds -n- ends... some change , keys , and an ear ring.

Went to Miller park for about an hour this afternoon after the sun came out.

Found a couple clad dimes and 7 or 8 zincolns.... My wife found a couple nickels and zincolns... not much  but it was nice to get out into the sun and move around a bit.

There are those that drive out there... otherwise it is almost a 1/3 of a mile walk from the parking to the beach..

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 6.01.18 PM.png

On 3/23/2018 at 10:10 PM, johnedoe said:

Welcome FlySAR 

I am in Florence Oregon as well ....

Have you made it to cape Disappointment yet? 

You need to get yourself a beach setup so you can get some of that good beach gold they pull from Long Beach and Benson beach.

We spent our 30th wedding anniversary at Cape Disappointment... odd, since we've always been happy and coming up on 36!

Never thought about digging and sluicing prefer to swing and dig or scoop. I enjoy water hunting in the summer.

Great job on the ring recovery.....:smile:

• Thanks 1

Amazing recovery.  When I was part of Ring Finders in California they would only notify me of the lost rings 75-100 miles from me.  Seems you drove that far and more to get that gig.  You are probably still drawing off that Karma today!  NICE!  GaryC/Oregon Coast