Minelab Wireless Headphones Question

FlySAR

New 800 charged last night for an old rodeo grounds hunt with Tiftaaft today. I've pulled a barber quarter and dime as well as a buffalo and wheats out of there so my expectations are always high.

I only found a few coins, one wheat, but Tiftaaft has a good story he may share.

The tones in my headphones sound muffled, not clean/crisp. I tried Tim's wired phones supplied with his 600 and the sound was much crisper.

Is this normal, if so, I need to get an adapter and hook up my Pro Golds.

2 minutes ago, MPL said:

No problems with mine, both loud and clear/crisp.

Mine put out plenty of volume. I used muffled as a term for clarity, maybe airy is a better term.

Have you compared your wireless to wired phones?

It may be my set?

I really like the wireless headphones Minelab included with the 800. The sound is great, comfort over the ears and sunglasses is good and they don't seem to sweat as much as my other headphones have. I also picked up a pair of earbuds by Edelin (got good reviews on Amazon) and they work flawlessly and the buds block out all extraneous noise. I needed an option so I can wear a bucket hat of sorts to keep the sun off my face. 

I don't say all this to be a shill for minelab and the 800 but rather just say that they really did a good job of putting together a package for detecting that just works in a simple and effective way. You don't need anymore than what was in the box to go and hunt. 

8 hours ago, FlySAR said:

New 800 charged last night for an old rodeo grounds hunt with Tiftaaft today. I've pulled a barber quarter and dime as well as a buffalo and wheats out of there so my expectations are always high.

I only found a few coins, one wheat, but Tiftaaft has a good story he may share.

The tones in my headphones sound muffled, not clean/crisp. I tried Tim's wired phones supplied with his 600 and the sound was much crisper.

Is this normal, if so, I need to get an adapter and hook up my Pro Golds.

Set the Equinox volume to max-25. tones will be sharper and clearer ... you can also adjust the audio with the Tone Volume feature set it to max 25 ... then adjust the volume only on ML 80 earphones ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with FlySAR, my headphones sound muted or muffled also. I have the volume and the tone volume set to 25, but the sound is still not great. It's loud enough, but not clear enough. I hooked up my Pro Golds via the cable and the sound is SO much better. Clear and crisp. 

• Thanks 1

I tried several variations and for me the WM-08 + my over-ear Sennheiser HD515's are the cat's meow....

very very crisp precise tones and I've been running the horseshoe button with T1 zone set to 1.

audio nirvana, lol

I use an aftermarket 3.5mm cord (short) for the headphones...never any 'dropout' issues either.

• Thanks 1

I can conclude by the responses that not all hearing abilities and preferences are the same if l got a good set of 800 headphones.

I prefer to be wireless, Deus user too, but also know how I prefer to hear tones. After being wired for several years it'll be my choice again if that's how I best hear the tones of the 800.

Thank you, I appreciate everyones feedback.