Gold Is Where You Find It?????

Absolutely! Black Gold is mined all over the North Slope of Alaska.

Also a lot of Nome and the Brooks Range are Tundra. Both are gold producing areas.

LOL, sorry being a smart a$$ again.

Yes, you can get gold from the Tundra. The problem is getting to it. Usually you have a lot of soggy overburden that is often frozen on the bottom.

I went to test my gpx5000 I brought my whites gmt that sand was so black my gmt was unusable and my detecting pick magnet was covered in black sand I mean this was in a sand pit cut about 100 feet below the tundra and the sand was black it got me thinking so I had to ask

You know, when I go out prospecting with a detector, I always take a small pan with me to check odd things like that for color. The gold may not be large enough to detect but may still have a large concentration of gold that can be worked other ways.

I thought this video had some tundra in it but it kind of don't. If you haven't watched it yet give it a look its really interesting.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/3404-video-1949-alaska-gold-mining-bucketline-dredges-in-action/?tab=comments#comment-37905

• Like 1

Your original post did not ask about Bethel just whether gold can be found in sand under tundra. The flats in the immediate Bethel area would not be a great place to look for larger gold but you might be able to pan a few specks of gold. I would not bother with a detector - a gold pan is a far better tool for evaluating unknown material.

• Like 2