Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Compatibility

Bhogg

Hi All

I was just wondering if there’s a way to use other Wireless Bluetooth headphones/ Earbuds instead of the one’s that came with the detector?.

Just asking as my ears can get quite sweaty with the over ear headphones on during summer months and it’d be great if I could use another option. 

As I’m sure many others I’m guessing would be in the same vote as myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Page 56 of the manual I think old fella.  It describes the pairing of the ML80 but suggests that it looks for any blue tooth headphones.  Low latency are better. 

Hope that helps  

• Like 1

Equinox is compatible with any BT earbuds in the sense that it will connect to them.  The thing you have to watch out for is lag or audio delay with bluetooth which can be up to 250 ms (1/4 sec) which can be noticeable when swinging over a target as it makes the target look like it is in 2 different places as you get a beep up 1/4 sec after the coil actually passes over the target.  To minimize this delay, Equinox prefers use of APT X Low Latency headphones (APTX LL) which have minimal delay (40 ms).  Even APT X (delay 100 ms) may be acceptable. If looking for compatible BT earbuds check the specs and make sure they are at least APTX compliant or, better yet, APTX LL.  Search this forum using the search term APTX and you will find numerous threads with headphone and earpbud recommendations.

As an alternative, you can plug wired earbuds into the WM08 module and go wireless that way, stuffing the WM08 into your front shirt pocket or clipping it to your belt or upper body, for best results (minimizing drop outs that have been reported).

HTH

• Like 1

Yes, you can use other Bluetooth headphone or earbuds, but standard Bluetooth headphones have a time lag, so you will want to look for ones with APTX LL or ATPX. For the best performance with the Equinox you want Bluetooth with APT-X LL (Low Latency). The next best performance is Bluetooth with APT-X. There are several headphones with APTX LL, but earbuds with APTX LL are harder to find and more costly. For my 600, I got a pair of TROND TD-BH01 they are APTX LL and seem to work well. I'm have a pair of APTX earbuds coming today that I got to use in wet conditions as they are waterproof to 1 meter. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dukester said:

Yes, you can use other Bluetooth headphone or earbuds, but standard Bluetooth headphones have a time lag, so you will want to look for ones with APTX LL or ATPX. For the best performance with the Equinox you want Bluetooth with APT-X LL (Low Latency). The next best performance is Bluetooth with APT-X. There are several headphones with APTX LL, but earbuds with APTX LL are harder to find and more costly. For my 600, I got a pair of TROND TD-BH01 they are APTX LL and seem to work well. I'm have a pair of APTX earbuds coming today that I got to use in wet conditions as they are waterproof to 1 meter. 

Hi Dukester

So do I just go through the exact same process to pair them as the Minelab one’s? As I have a good quality set to use but I wasn’t sure if the pairing process was the same.

Cheers

Bluetooth technology apt-x, possibility to connect on two devices, so wanting metal and smatphone, weatherproof, the batteries last twelve hours,  try in the rain and stormy, they are excellent.
If you have other metaldetectors bluetooth transmitter (also receiver) technology apt-x model sk-bti-020v, possibility to connect on two devices, the batteries last ten hours.
Applied as photos, with a plastic bag with clips and velcro strip, but I wanted to make a bag with better material and waterproof Velcro closure, with CTX, no latency problem, superb sound quality even in noisy environment like the stormy sea and rain.
Same thing used on MXT.

cuffie.jpg

• Like 1

I tried the SoundPEATS Q9A+, they work fine, and have an IP rating (waterproof/resistant rating), there's no lag, but I just didn't care for the earbud fit while detecting and much prefer the factory Minelab headphones.

For my head/hearing, the ML headphones are comfortable, fit well, zero detectable lag, and sound great.

I started off with wireless headphones on my Racer2, Impact and Multi Kruzer, and now the EQ800, and love being wireless (really sucks getting snagged/tangled up when your detecting in the brush). I'll never go back to wired headphones again, YMMV

• Like 2