Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Compatibility

Bhogg

On 4/26/2019 at 6:25 PM, Sinclair said:

Had the Q12 Plus, too. They pair with AptX-LL, no problem. They sound great, but they simply don't hold up in my ears when moving... so I had to return them :sad:

Aukey has some AptX-LL in their lineup now, but they're 3x the price. Avantree has a new in-ear model coming .. but my ear's don't seem to be in-ear compatible :ph34r:

https://www.aukey.com/products/hybrid-dual-driver-bluetooth-earbuds-key-series-b80

http://www.avantree.com/dual-driver-bluetooth-earphones-avantree-clari-air-ll.html

Sinclair , I have followed post's everywhere concerning wireless and wired ear buds for 18 months or more . A guess with the lack of Low latency opportunities I have always purchased wired earbuds . I think I have 6 to 8 pairs gathering dust in the shed . Every pair same result , bend down to use the pick and one or both would fall out or I'd ground detector too far out and pull a bud out . Anyway noticed you mention Avantree are bringing out a new model . Well I did a pre order on these 4 months ago which entitles you to a 60% discount plus free freight . The model that you mention in the link is hook over ear clari-air low latency . I received my parcel 2 weeks ago and have been out several times testing them . Five different areas with heavy mineralisation and 2 benign areas ( please note , both benign areas were away from the regular goldfields ) Let's start with comfort , best ever for my ears and as for falling out not once did this occur . You could do somersaults and they would stick . Saved the best part for last , over all grounds there is no lag at all , coil over target and you have the signal immediately . Performance identical to the factory headphones supplied with the Equinox 800 . Not  to concern us on this forum is the music quality which I found excellent ( not a sound quality buff ) I believe this shows up with the target signal clarity . As for play time , the longest time out was 5.5 hours and still going , although brochure says play time is 5 hours . This pair will not be gathering shed dust only bush dust . Hope this report helps prospectors wishing to use ear buds in the summer . Can't find them on Amazon yet , but direct with Avantree cost is $39.99 .

Cheers

goldrat

My apologies I forgot to mention that pairing was simple and quick and yes the + is on the Equinox screen .

• Like 3

Thank you for your feedback - so it might worth giving one of those a try. They're both hook over ear, and that's the reason they caught my attention. Standard in-ears simply don't work for me.

Playtime problably depends on volume and the time it's actually producing a tone. Since we only produce some beaps once in a while and don't play music, they'll last a lot longer than advertised I think...

• Like 1

Update on The SoundPEATS Q12.  2- 3 hour hunts. Paired up right away. Swing detector and it hits just like the stock headphones. Pinpoint is same as stock headphones.  Bend your head and move around and there were times I had to push one or the other back in.  Not a real problem.  They are comfortable.  They don't hurt my ears after long use.  Bud material is soft.  Would have liked the cable to be a couple of inches longer.  I really enjoyed hunting with these ear buds.  If they fit you, you will like them.  There are several options that come with the package.  I am thinking of taking the wings off and seeing if that is a better fit.  The sound codec is perfect.  No crackles or weird noises.  I know I can't swing long enough for the battery to run out so there is no problem with longevity.  I will note that they recommend using 1 amp or less plug to charge the battery.  I just use the usb on my computer and it charges just fine.  Great buy at $28.  Hope this helps and as always Happy Hunting everyone.

• Like 1

Still not available in Germany. I'll check from time to time.. if the aukeys were 50-60€ I'd buy them, but 80€ is a little bit too much for some buds.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:19 PM, Againstmywill said:

I ordered the Q12 Plus SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones that hawk recommended. $25 on Amazon and they paired up with APTx LL right away. They seem solid, but time will tell after a couple hunts. Thanks, hawk, for the advice.

I really thought I was going to like these, but after a couple hunts with the Q12 set, I know they are not a good fit for me. The speed and sound is great--right there with the supplied Bluetooth headphones. The fit and ability to stay in my ear, not so great. I had to have them in front of me under my chin for them to even stay in my ears. Every time I would move my head to look up, I had to readjust one of the sides and reseat it in my ear. It seems the weight of the buds themselves is the issue. I assume that the batteries are in the buds and causes them to fall from position easily. I will go back to the wireless module and use my Skullcandy buds that never fall out unless the wire gets pulled while bending over or snagged on a branch. 

That i

5 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

I really thought I was going to like these, but after a couple hunts with the Q12 set, I know they are not a good fit for me. The speed and sound is great--right there with the supplied Bluetooth headphones. The fit and ability to stay in my ear, not so great. I had to have them in front of me under my chin for them to even stay in my ears. Every time I would move my head to look up, I had to readjust one of the sides and reseat it in my ear. It seems the weight of the buds themselves is the issue. I assume that the batteries are in the buds and causes them to fall from position easily. I will go back to the wireless module and use my Skullcandy buds that never fall out unless the wire gets pulled while bending over or snagged on a branch. 

That is the very reason I went with the Soundpeat Engine buds I posted earlier.  They have a little thick collar section that surrounds your neck and rests on your shoulders so the ear pieces stay in your ears as the wires are no longer pulling on the buds due to gravity.  Works great.  Only problem is they have been replaced by a newer Engine model that does not support APTX LL, but the older, less expensive version does still occasionally pop up with some inventory for sale or used units.

https://www.amazon.com/SoundPEATS-Headphone-Earphones-Sweatproof-Smartphones/dp/B07KPWCTDR/ref=pd_ybh_a_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I just received a pair of Q12 Plus SoundPeats and they pair with the Nox 800 but only indoors. Taking them into the field they strictly do not pair at all. My original Equinox ML80 have no probs. Will need to return them to Amazon. Which wired earbuds do you recommend? I like the idea of having a pair of earbuds especially when it rains and I am wearing the hood of my rainjacket. It's always trouble with the ML80.

Someone else stated this in an earlier thread on Apt-X LL earbuds...

LEVN M78 work well with Equinox and are LL .

They hook up quickly, are comfortable and wrap around the ear.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2017-new-wireless-sport-bluetooth-waterproof_60657260128.html