Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Compatibility

Bhogg

many thanks for the link but there is no dealer offering those in Germany and purchasing 500 pcs from alibaba is just a little too much for me :-)

15 hours ago, Horst said:

many thanks for the link but there is no dealer offering those in Germany and purchasing 500 pcs from alibaba is just a little too much for me :-)

well its just a link to show the model and just maybe somebody retails them in Europe ?? ?

Anyone ever tried bone conducting headphones?

never tried them but was wondering about the sound.  looked these up but seem to be  discontinued. 

Panasonic BTG S10 Bone Conduction Headset

The Panasonic RP- BTGS10 Bone Conduction Wireless Headphones minimize eardrum strain and fatigue by delivering high-quality sound to the inner ear through the cheek bones. Wireless connectivity comes supported by the aptX™ Low Latency codec to ensure high quality audio with minimal delay. but spec's say-Bluetooth® system specificationVer.3.0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NAGANT said:

never tried them but was wondering about the sound.  looked these up but seem to be  discontinued. 

The Panasonic RP- BTGS10 Bone Conduction Wireless Headphones minimize eardrum strain and fatigue by delivering high-quality sound to the inner ear through the cheek bones. Wireless connectivity comes supported by the aptX™ Low Latency codec to ensure high quality audio with minimal delay. but spec's say-Bluetooth® system specificationVer.3.0

They pop up on eBay from time to time.  I keep toying with giving them a shot

• 2 weeks later...

I got me a pair of wired earbuds (sports type) and have to say using the WM08 together with those Earbuds is a good way to go for me. Especially when it gets too hot out there I don't want to use regular headphones and when it is raining I don't like to fumble the hood of my rainjacket over the headphones. To me they're a good option.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:13 PM, NAGANT said:

Can confirm these are listed on the Qualcomm website as APTX LL but the reviews are not very good on various web retailers.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 12:42 AM, Againstmywill said:

I really thought I was going to like these, but after a couple hunts with the Q12 set, I know they are not a good fit for me. The speed and sound is great--right there with the supplied Bluetooth headphones. The fit and ability to stay in my ear, not so great. I had to have them in front of me under my chin for them to even stay in my ears. Every time I would move my head to look up, I had to readjust one of the sides and reseat it in my ear. It seems the weight of the buds themselves is the issue. I assume that the batteries are in the buds and causes them to fall from position easily. I will go back to the wireless module and use my Skullcandy buds that never fall out unless the wire gets pulled while bending over or snagged on a branch. 

Update: After trying to get them to fit, I finally figured out that the rubber piece that extends upward is actually meant to be rotated backward once the bud is at the ear cannal. Having not used buds like this before, I was rotating them forward, and they kept falling out. I'm either getting older, or I'm just not that bright. I will be keeping these, and they have been sticking in my ears just fine. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 2:45 PM, CDog25 said:

I have been checking in on this thread for the last month. I greatly appreciate all of the information this site has on the Equinox. In that time I have order 4 different pairs of bluetooth headphones to go with my 600.  I have ordered the Soundpeats Engine, the Soundpeats Q12+, the Dudios Zeus, and the Aukey Latitude. I think Amazon is going to drop my account with all of my returns.  Every pair have had the same issues.  They connect, but I get a crackly sound and they cut in and out.  I had an old pair of Taotronic TT-BH23 (now discontinued) that I have been using and got good sound out of them even though they were not low latency but this last week they decided to quit taking a charge.

I contacted Minelab and they suggested I do a factory reset, which I did and have done each time I switched headphones, or possibly meeting up with someone that has the factory bluetooth headphones, which is not possible because I don't know anyone that has them. 

Has anybody had any issues similar to this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Yes I have the same issue with my 600. I have had 2 pairs of Q12 Plus and same you they connect and show the + for low latency but after a while the sound becomes scratchy and drops out. Rendering them useless for detecting. I use a set of VAVA MOOV 25 they work fine but are not low latency.

I wonder if Equinox 800 users are having the same problem as the 600?

On 5/30/2019 at 5:49 AM, Againstmywill said:

Update: After trying to get them to fit, I finally figured out that the rubber piece that extends upward is actually meant to be rotated backward once the bud is at the ear cannal. Having not used buds like this before, I was rotating them forward, and they kept falling out. I'm either getting older, or I'm just not that bright. I will be keeping these, and they have been sticking in my ears just fine. 

Which model metal detector are you using with them?