Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Compatibility

Bhogg

49 minutes ago, 67GTA said:

Just got the Soundpeats Q12's in the mail yesterday. Tested them for about an hour and they sounded great with the 800.

Was that air testing or out in the field? The reason I ask is that they work fine until I start using them out in the field, after which they become increasingly scratchy and the sound starts dropping out. This is on a Nox 600.

All of my testing with the Sound peats Q12+ is with my Equinox 800.  I have not had the scratchy or drop out issues that some 600 users have indicated.  I have a friend that has a 600 and anything Bluetooth he tries, crackles and cuts out.  He has not tried to pair with the original 800 headphones yet, I offered to let him try mine and he has yet to try them.  I also make sure not to have my cellphone with me when I am using my detector.

13 hours ago, Ivan Kraemer said:

Was that air testing or out in the field? The reason I ask is that they work fine until I start using them out in the field, after which they become increasingly scratchy and the sound starts dropping out. This is on a Nox 600.

Was able to hunt for couple of hours this afternoon and they worked fine for me with 800. They sound just as good as the original wireless headphones.

• 1 year later...

My vote is for the Hyperx cloud earbuds here, great sound, battery life and comfort. Passive noise through works well too. That being said I have just bought my wife a set of Band & Olufsen E8’s and they really are very good, the sound is exceptional as you would expect from B&O. Though i would also recommned to see a few more such quality earbuds options like Jabra elite etc.  Though apart of all these options and our own liking, the most important is your requirements and how would like to listen to the sound.

4 hours ago, StevenBrown said:

My vote is for the Hyperx cloud earbuds here, great sound, battery life and comfort. Passive noise through works well too. That being said I have just bought my wife a set of Band & Olufsen E8’s and they really are very good, the sound is exceptional as you would expect from B&O. Though i would also recommned to see a few more such quality earbuds options like Jabra elite etc.  Though apart of all these options and our own liking, the most important is your requirements and how would like to listen to the sound.

Are either of these Low Latency?

Before I got a compatible set of wireless headphones, I paired my hearing aids to my NOX, but found it drained the batteries on the hearing aids quickly (. about a half hour )... the Apple earbuds may have the same problem.... Al

I'll be testing these at the beach very soon:

https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-AUKEY-Bluetooth-Water-Resistance-Commuting/dp/B07GBVCZZX/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?

Initial test was good, just not as good as full headphones. They are a bit tinnier but last for a long time. They will stay on your ears with the strong loops, and you do have the option of leaving them loose to hear ambient sounds but the sound is better the deeper they are inserted. They are IPX-6 water resistant. They pair fairly easily.

Beware of any ear phones/buds that are not Aptx-LL. If you do not see the B+ connection on your Equinox when they are connected you are going to have issues with only hearing half the tones on locating a target, and/or your target location could be way off due to latency. If it wasn't for this forum I would not know this!

I bought them to avoid "white ear syndrome" when I get a tan. 😀 Otherwise I would use my BT-80s.