My Roman Coin Bonanza With Equinox 800

Great hunt Randy.. I really like seeing the UK finds.. 

Hope to make it across the pond one of these days to find the REAL old coins..

Thanks for posting!

Bryan

• Like 1

Great finds Randy! You can bet most people on this forum are both jealous and amazed by the age of the finds you make so regularly. My trip to the U.K. the first coin I dug was a 1700s copper, older than any coin I had found before by 150 years. The guy I was with said "a greenie - I just toss them in the ditch!" I did not do that of course but after a couple weeks I understood the sentiment. It's just amazing that 14th and 15th century finds were daily kind of stuff, and B.C. type finds not all that uncommon.

• Like 1

Ran Dee!

Good report.  It indeed would be interesting to hunt in an area like yours.

Your low recovery speed must make them really sing when you go over them.  

Had you hit this permission before you had your 800?

Mitchel

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Ran Dee!

Good report.  It indeed would be interesting to hunt in an area like yours.

Your low recovery speed must make them really sing when you go over them.  

Had you hit this permission before you had your 800?

Mitchel

Hello Mitchel

Yes I have been detecting all of the fields in the same vicinity for many years now, getting on towards 20 years and the whole area is rich in Roman occupation and Roman roads passing through, over the years I have had literally 100's and 100's of Roman coins many of them silvers and also two Roman Gold Aureus  my avatar is one of them an Aureus of Nero 65 - 66 AD. I have also had a lot of Roman artifacts.   Thanks very much for your interest in my post.

Randy Dee    Durham  England.

• Like 1

Many Thanks guys for all of your kind Replies and Likes.

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Great finds Randy! You can bet most people on this forum are both jealous and amazed by the age of the finds you make so regularly. My trip to the U.K. the first coin I dug was a 1700s copper, older than any coin I had found before by 150 years. The guy I was with said "a greenie - I just toss them in the ditch!" I did not do that of course but after a couple weeks I understood the sentiment. It's just amazing that 14th and 15th century finds were daily kind of stuff, and B.C. type finds not all that uncommon.

Congratulations Steve on one hell of a detecting report and I hope the forum members have a browse through it

My trip to the U.K.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the UK and you can imagine what it is like for myself when I am out a couple of times each week in this detecting environment.

• Like 1

Nice! 

I wonder if the Vikings had coins when they discovered North America. (Yeah..it was NOT Columbus!)

• Like 1