My Roman Coin Bonanza With Equinox 800

50 minutes ago, swinglowsweetchariot said:

hiya Randy Dee,

was wondering what setting you used i.e.field 1?

I am from the north east and have an opportunity to hunt some roman sites too.thank you.

Hi

Even though you asked for the settings I use on my Roman sites, please be aware that your land will be totally different to that where I detect and it would be best for you to practice and use your Equinox on your own soil type and ground balance and noise cancel regularly.  My threshold volume and pitch are a bit high for normal hearing but I am deaf so use the threshold nulling over iron as my preference.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Minelab Equinox 800 Settings.

One of my best programs on the Equinox 800 has been based on five tones. It is very sensitive and has found me many hammered silvers and Roman coins. Here are the settings which I use but possibly no use on other peoples land, good luck if you use them.

Mode: Field;  1

Menu

Sensitivity;  20-22 (Too high and you will get iron falsing) try to keep high without chattering if field is noisy don’t be afraid to lower the “Sensitivity” even down to 16.

All Metal;  (horseshoe button) just leave it switched off.

Tone Breaks Audio Pitch: 5 Tone;  You can set the bin scope to suit yourself= Tone 1 ( -9 to +2 Iron ) @ 1 which is a very low tone for iron,  Tones 2, 3, 4 & 5  set to your own level to suit what tone pitch is best for you to understand and for your hearing.

Noise Cancel; Often

Ground Balance; Manual Pump Coil Up & Down About 2” to 8” Above A Spot Of Clear Ground.; Ground Balance if you start to get chattering.

Volume: 25; 

Tone Break Volumes; Tone 1 Volume @ 1 no audible sound for iron, The Remaining Tones Volumes 2, 3, 4 & 5 All @ 25

Threshold Volume; 4

Threshold Pitch;  8

Discrimination; Reject all minus segments -9 and + “1” & “2”.

Recovery Speed;  4

Iron Bias;   3 set at 4 if large iron starts to bleed through.

• Like 3