Frying Sound When Turn On Sport W/6” Coil

Like said when I turn on my Sport I get this frying sound for about 1 1/2 seconds..When I turn off the volume all the way I still get the frying sound coming through. I have other coils but this my first time of hearing this.

If anyone else has this new concentric 6” please let me know if you too having the same trouble.

I’m really not sure if it is trouble being the coil is working great.

Chuck

Chuck, I think you may have a wiring problem in that coil. Contact Whites and I would be very reluctant to attach that coil to any machine until it has been checked out by someone who knows for sure it is properly wired. Frying sounds coming out of electronics is NEVER good news.

Mike

Mike 

I was thinking the same but it detects great.

I may see if I can hear it on a video if so I’ll put it on here.

Chuck

Well I put on other coils I have for the Sport and I can hear the frying sound but not as bad as the 6” coil.

I guess I’ll call White’s Monday and see where that takes me.

Chuck

Capacitors going bad (leaking) will give off a scratchy like crackling noise.  Most likely it will need a return trip to Sweet Home.

GL  Don 

Well I plan on calling White’s Monday and I’d say your right. I’ll be singing on the road again.

Chuck

Well I made that call to White’s this morning. This Lady answered and I started to relay my problem but she stop me and pass me on to another that she felt that could help me, I guess the gentlemen wasn’t in so I get this saying leave name and number plus problem you have.

Well here I am standing by waiting on my return call that I didn’t receive. The guy could be off for the day but only time will tell.

Tomorrow is another day and you would know it but I’ll be out of town.

Chuck

Hi Tom

I had called in and at first telling the lady but was going to get help. I got a recording so left name number and problem but no call yet.

I download the video for the sound of the frying when I turn it on.

Chuck

not working and don’t know why