6 Inch Coil Available May Or June!

mn90403

I am on the waiting list with my dealer for the 6", 15" and any elliptical coil released for the Equinox. 

I will most likely have the stock coil on my 800 (when it finally arrives) and use my 600 for the other coils in rotation based on location.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

I am on the waiting list with my dealer for the 6", 17" and any elliptical coil released for the Equinox. 

I will most likely have the stock coil on my 800 (when it finally arrives) and use my 600 for the other coils in rotation based on location.  

That is a great idea. Hadn't ocurred to me. Maybe I WON'T sell the 600 when the 800 finally comes. 
Likely to sell my GTI 2500 with 4 coils and the Treasure Hound instead.  Thanks for the idea...Perfect!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SittingElf said:

That is a great idea. Hadn't ocurred to me. Maybe I WON'T sell the 600 when the 800 finally comes. 
Likely to sell my GTI 2500 with 4 coils and the Treasure Hound instead.  Thanks for the idea...Perfect!

I personally would either wait to sell my old gear or figure out a way to either trade it in directly for Equinox accessories, if possible, or donate it to a charitable organization where you can write it off at fair market value or, better yet, promote the hobby by giving it to a budding next generation detectorist, because it will likely just languish on a forum site (especially the older gear that will have a low demand signal).  

People presently are not being rational about selling off their old gear to either fund an Equinox or to just quickly dump old equipment they know will only collect dust post Equinox.  While older MD gear will continue to naturally depreciate in value with time and as technology marches on, I would wait out the present lack of savvy gripping the MD marketplace with folks quickly dumping some rather attractive gear (Deus', AT Max's, CTX's, Excals, First Texas flagships, Whites V3i's) at insanely low prices while people continue to grab 2nd hand Equinox models off forum classifieds and auction sites at ridiculous markups.  It is definitely a buyers market out there (for anything other than an Equinox, that is) and I would wait it out a little to let the Equinox "Effect" dust settle so that 2nd hand VLF gear prices return to some sense of normalcy.  Make no mistake, Equinox has caused a step change lowering of legacy non-Equinox VLF detector values, new and used, that will never recover.  But there is still just plain lunacy out there at the moment with prices.

Chase,

I was looking a bit the other night for one of the old SE Pros and it seems those prices are still staying high. (The coils also.) I didn't look at the CTX prices but I think some people aren't selling to get an Nox and just buying.

One of us should look at the fire sale prices if they are really out there.

Mitchel

Mitchel,

I haven't been looking too closely because I don't really want for another detector at the moment but want to "thin the herd".  I have been looking mainly at the Deus and CTX prices and they look low to me, but I have not done a detailed look and I have been seeing Tek T2's and F75's just sitting around on classifieds at very low prices not moving at all.  Admittedly, I have not been looking at other ML detector prices like SE Pros and eTracs.  

13 hours ago, matt said:

Wes,

The Gold Monster with the 5" coil is amazing on tiny gold. We found 3 pieces yesterday. Two that are so small that they won't even register on my scale.

Matt

I got the Equinox 800 mostly for the beaches on the coast.  Now that my wife is retired it will be the Detector that gets loaded in the RV.  It would be interesting to see a comparison with the small coil and the GM 1000.  If I want to go after really small gold I’ll use my GMT with my 6 inch round concentric.  We’ll have to get together and do a comparison.

25 minutes ago, WesH said:

We’ll have to get together and do a comparison.

Great idea! Let's make it happen in the next couple weeks. I have been over this area with the gmt and the white's small coil and the hotfoot coil many times. A gold bug 2 has been over it many times. I am amazed with the tiny pieces we are finding with the goldmonster.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Bill said he was testing my coil ... he got 3 and one of them is on its way to me now.

Mitchel