Close Up Photos of New Minelab GPZ 7000 Nugget Detector

This ad image is being circulated widely on the internet. Through the magic of zoom, cut, and paste, here are some close up shots. More information on the Minelab GPZ 7000 here as available.

post-1-0-08502000-1422646401_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-42326300-1422646168_thumb.jpg

Close Up of Minelab GPZ 7000 Armrest and Battery

post-1-0-98487400-1422646168_thumb.jpg

Close Up of Minelab GPZ 7000 LCD Display and Controls

post-1-0-09265000-1422646165_thumb.jpg

Close Up of Minelab GPZ 7000 GPZ 14 Waterproof Coil

Yes, they did do a lot of what I thought would make a perfect gold detector. I like my 3030 and this is similar. I totally love the 3030 wireless setup.

I think the 14" coil is an excellent stock choice. Hopefully the smaller coil will be an Elyp-5x10. I don't really need a gps-I have never used mine on the 3030, but it could be useful.

Oh, Minelab; Please release Jonathan  and  others so they can tell me everything!!!

fred

All Minelab coils and detectors come with scuff covers. Most brands do not. I know there are people that buy a Minelab who are used to other models who just go ahead and get a scuff cover also. I remember a guy telling me once his scuff cover would not go on the coil, and I had to point out to him it already had a scuff cover on it!

Steve, in your GPZ 7000 specs page you note the standard search coil is a 14 inch double D.   Why do you believe double D?  Advert only says 14 inch.   Do you know if a mono will be available at launch, too?

Thanks for pointing that out. There has been a lot of talk on the Aussie forums relating back to information leaked earlier that implied the coil was a DD coil, and it is treated as common knowledge on those forums. Reality is there is no official information yet released that indicates exactly what the coil is and so I have deleted that blurb. I do not want to spread unverified information. I have no idea what coils will be available at the time of release.

Plenty of rumors at the Australian Gold Detecting & Prospecting Forum I read them with as much interest as anybody but am sticking with officially released Minelab information here as anything can change right up to the last second. The only real official information at this time is exactly what appears in the ad above and whatever you want to read into it.

One guy on the Aussie forums makes a good point though. Since this is being advertised as new technology, what we think we know about coils may or may not even apply.

I like the wireless headphones idea. But I also like to use speakers under each ear. So I can hear snakes. So can they become wireless?

On the coils. Maybe it is now possible to have both a DD and a Mono in one coil. A push of a button to switch between the 2?

All I do know is you need to be sharpening your shovels and picks. Some deep holes are going to be dug.

Scott, if they follow the ctx3030 model, the wirelss is a small box that fits in your pocket. It has a pretty good speaker or you can use headphones. At the beach I use my goldpros; in parks I use cheap sony over-the-ear which I assure you work very well-and you can still hear everything around you.

fred