Future Firmware Update - How?

parkgt

There as been the occasional mention that someone hoped a future upgrade would change something in how the machine worked.  How would one be able to connect the NOX to a computer to change the firmware?  Not that Minelab has a great history of firmware upgrades.

Most probably via the USB charge cable which is dual purpose (power and data).  Page 66 of the manual mentions that future software updates would be posted on the ML site and can be uploaded via computer and usb to the Equinox using ML provided XChange2 software interface presumably residing on your home PC or Mac.

• Like 4

There have been updates provided to my CTX and 7000 by ML and many search programs can be downloaded for the CTX.

Mitchel

I was thinking that upgrades might be via bluetooth.

Like Chase said. The power charge cable doubles as a USB cable. This will allow Equinox to hook to a computer to use a future version of XChange2. Page 67 of Owners manual:

”Software Updates
EQUINOX Series detector have the ability to accept software updates via USB and XChange 2 (Windows or Mac OS compatible).“

I do expect we will see a bug fix update at some point, once enough time has passed to be sure all bugs are found. Around end of year maybe? No genuine knowledge on that though so don’t quote me!