Gpz-19 Coil Worth Having?

I have one. I would only use mine in relatively flat or rolling terrain, with wide open spaces. I think for me at least the chances of extra depth are minimal compared to just having better ground coverage. It’s an expensive coil, so you have to be doing lots of detecting to make it worthwhile as a secondary coil. There are a few people who use it as their primary coil, but frankly it’s just too much weight for me to be my full time coil. The main problem though is I hunt sagebrush country and so the large size is not practical for the spaces I hunt most of the time.

minelab-gpz19-coil-herschbach-nevada.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 7:49 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I have one. I would only use mine in relatively flat or rolling terrain, with wide open spaces. I think for me at least the chances of extra depth are minimal compared to just having better ground coverage. It’s an expensive coil, so you have to be doing lots of detecting to make it worthwhile as a secondary coil. There are a few people who use it as their primary coil, but frankly it’s just too much weight for me to be my full time coil. The main problem though is I hunt sagebrush country and so the large size is not practical for the spaces I hunt most of the time.

minelab-gpz19-coil-herschbach-nevada.jpg

Steve is there a toy you don't have lol. That thing just got released.