Question For Those Who Own Equinox And AT Pro

If money isn't an issue keep the ATpro not as a backup but as an extra detector for someone to go with you. You have been through so much and the best thing about having an extra detector is that you can always bring someone along and teach them about our great hobby. 

If you ever get to Ventura county i'd consider it my pleasure to take you to some cool hunting spots. I look forward to hearing about your finds with your 800. 

God Bless

I sold my ATP even though it is one of the best detectors for the money. My ATP paid for it self more than 3 times over and that allowed me to upgrade to a V3i. Anyway unless you want a backup or a detector with waterproof headphones I see no reason to keep the ATP. I was really good with my ATP and hunted along side a guy with a CTX back in 2013 and did as well as he did. I admit he had just bought it and was in the learning phase of ownership. With about 30 hours on my 800 it out does the ATP in almost every way. 

The deepest coin I ever dug with the ATP was 8-1/2" and I have hit several at 12" with the 800. I hate deep coins because I have to dig so much and using a Lesch trowel in a park can be work. 

I only have two detectors I use now and one is the 800 and the other is my E-Trac. I keep the E-trac as a spare in case someone visits me and wants to go detecting or my 800 is charging..

• Like 1

I sincerely appreciate all of your kind comments. I am beginning to think it may be a good idea to have a spare so I can take someone along.  After 28 years of doing everything as a couple it  would be nice to have someone tag along and share the finds with. I can always put the accessories on hold for now. 

• Like 1

Earth sweeper really sorry for your loss, my condolences. 

I had an AT Pro a few years ago, and while it was a decent iron sifter (better I felt then the F75) I felt that with the stock coil it was, at least in NorCal dirt, below average in depth.  Also tried it in the Nevada ghost towns, and pretty much had the same opinion there. 

I have about 7 hunts on my EQ800 now, for a total of about 30 odd hours on it.  Nowhere near an expert, but I can say for my NoCal soil it's blowing away anything the AT Pro could bring to the table, in both depth (by far) and unmasking, ergonomics, build quality, BIG numbers on the display (not those tiny, hard for me to see numbers on the ATP display), and it's just been a pleasure to hunt with.  It's been a really fun machine, and I suspect part of the reason is because it's finding stuff at my pounded to death sites that most of my other machines have petered out on a long time ago. 

The 6" coil will be my next EQ accessory.....if it ever comes out :rolleyes:

Cal_Cobra, I am really looking forward to taking the Nox to some of our Nova Scotia beaches. I think it will do much better than the ATP. My wife and I loved to walk the beach (she was always on the hunt for beach glass) and so I am looking to spend as much time there as possible this year. Just holding hands and listening to the waves always made for a great day. 

There is an old military training site just down the road as well.  I have already found a few silver dimes and a couple of 50 caliber lead balls there. Of course there are LOTS of brass bullets/blanks. The site certainly dates back to way before it was a military site. If anyone is ever in the area it would my pleasure to take you along.