4x4 Vans For Prospecting

tvanwho

I really like the cargo trailer idea! Most the time its just me and maybe my son,just pitch a tent. Getting fancy really does not suit my personality,but that trailer would work fine...be kinda nice to sleep without a rock or pinecone in my back. Thanks for sharing! Ray

• Like 1

I got to see the outside of the cargo camper and i liked it

I didnt know the axles could be moved up, that is pretty neat....

Here's my little "Hampster Campster" I use in AZ--

This picture was when I was set up down the wash from Rob's state claim.. next to Tex Houston's camp.

At Rich Hill, probably 2011-----right before I took it down to SOAZ  so it could live at Border Boys', for  use at the  Greaterville area.

I loved sleeping on top looking at the AZ stars at night----about 3 am they seemed like you could reach out and touch them....

paul

post-420-0-50717600-1422843957_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

EVERY one of those rigs is SWEET! maybe cause i know they are all for detecting/prospecting! These pics make me excited to get "out there" more than pictures of gold make me want to get out!
WTH deathray? I might have known you were in Calaveras county... But now i KNOW i know,, LOL!
 think i've seen that black jeep and hood ornament (maybe @ Sonora gold show), and I KNOW my brother took a picture of it for me one day when he saw it around. 
I just have me ole 2003 Toyota Tacoma v6 trd extra cab. She is beat up, but that helps SQUEEZE down the ATV trails! 
Sheeesh, i ramble, confused myself! :)

• Like 2

FWIW....

Widths!

2k3 Tacoma                   66.5"

CJ5                                 68.5"

2k5 4Runner                   73.8"

2k5 Astro (van)               77.5"

2015 MB/ Sprinter          79.7"   <-- OP/topic vehicle

2k2 Avalanche                79.8"

Interesting that my truck (Avalanche, based on Silvarado truck chassis) is over a foot wider (13"!) than the 2k3 Tacoma but only about 6" wider than a 2k5 4Runner.

-mox