Easy Way To Know That Headphones Are Turned Off

parkgt

I have seen several comment about the somewhat dim LEDs on the headphone making it hard to determine when they are turned off.   I also initially had that problem and got home to find mine still on when I got out of the sun.

My procedure now is to leave the controller on while turning the headphones off.  When turning off is successful the headphone symbol disappears from the screen and sound is heard from the controller handle.

Seems much surer than trusting my old eyes to determine the status on the LEDs.

• Like 5

I just make sure I hear the descending tones before I take them off. One thing I did though is cut a tiny circle of fuzzy self adhesive Velcro and put it on the power button of the ML 80 which makes it so much easier to tell which is the power button by feel alone, which can be hard to do due to their smallness and closeness. 

• Like 2

I've been struggling with that headphone on/off button since day one, and I have skinny fingers. At times I have to push it three or four times to activate. Makes you wonder exactly who, in the design/development side of things, determined that it was the way to go.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MPL said:

I've been struggling with that headphone on/off button since day one, and I have skinny fingers. At times I have to push it three or four times to activate. Makes you wonder exactly who, in the design/development side of things, determined that it was the way to go.

Agreed, my fingers are normal sized, and that on/off button should've been larger or some better design.  

They are the best headphones even though you have to be alert at the end of your hunt to make sure they are off . 

Yep, Relicmeister nailed it.  With the EQ on and connected to the phones, a press of the power button on the phones produces a series of descending tones on power down.  Likewise, with the EQ on a press of the power button produces a series of ascending tones on powering up.  The bluetooth connectivity has to be enabled on the EQ first.  The tiny LEDs on the phones are unreadable in sun light.