Not bad at all!!

What was the trash to keeper ratio?  I don't beach hunt much (maybe now I will that I have an EQ800!), but am curious how much junk you had to dig to get the old coins and silver & gold?

Nice start for sure.

22 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Not bad at all!!

What was the trash to keeper ratio?  I don't beach hunt much (maybe now I will that I have an EQ800!), but am curious how much junk you had to dig to get the old coins and silver & gold?

Nice start for sure.

Wow!  I am just about opposite you.  Relic hunting has to have the most trash of all metal detecting.  Beach trash can be seen with a CTX and you don't dig it.  Most trash is seen with a Nox and you dig some of it.  The two main culprits are caps and bobby pins.  You get some lead and other stuff but you also get the good stuff.  The best detectorists I know at the beach use PIs and they dig everything wet and dry but they know where to go and they would have it no other way because they go DEEP.

Mitchel

School,

Well done.  At first I thought you were describing a portion of a beach as a cellar hole and I had never heard that term.  I found gold within my first couple of hunts at the beach also.  It gets better if you have targets.

Well done.

Mitchel

21 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Not bad at all!!

Nice start for sure.

Hi Cal-Cobra, I dig a lot by choice. I have always been that way :laugh: Here's that days trash. I separate by ferrous and non ferrous. I feel it is one of the reasons I have been able to detect for 48 years now. But I must admit the reduced weight of this Minelab machine is a welcomed improvement

DSC00057.JPG

DSC00059.JPG

20 hours ago, mn90403 said:

School,

Well done.  At first I thought you were describing a portion of a beach as a cellar hole and I had never heard that term.  I found gold within my first couple of hunts at the beach also.  It gets better if you have targets.

Well done.

Mitchel

Yeah, sorry about that. My very first hunt with the Equinox was at a beat up cellar hole. My first hunt at a beach was the one I posted. So it was my second hunt with the machine overall. Here's the results of the cellar hole hunt. I did about 4 hours at the cellar and 9 hours at the beach.

DSC00056.JPG

DSC00053.JPG

DSC00054.JPG

DSC00055.JPG

• Like 2

Here's the rest of the beach finds from that hunt

DSC00061.JPG

DSC00062.JPG

• Like 1

Those smalls at the beach remind me of one night I had with the CTX and the 12" coil.  I stopped using it after I got the 17 but I did use it then.

The Nox get more of them than the CTX so far.  Those pieces of jewelry and I've attacked the rake up piles once.  I think I could find things in them now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mn90403 said:

Those smalls at the beach remind me of one night I had with the CTX and the 12" coil.  I stopped using it after I got the 17 but I did use it then.

The Nox get more of them than the CTX so far.  Those pieces of jewelry and I've attacked the rake up piles once.  I think I could find things in them now.

It's funny. The Equinox reminds me of an Etrac/GPX 5000 hybrid machine. It picks up small stuff like my GPX but has kind of an older Minelab multi frequency feel. Here's some of the small stuff it found at the beach that day. I had even smaller pieces but forgot to photograph them. 

DSC00058.JPG