Equinox 800 Wireless Phones Made By Miccus?

Phrunt --

Glad you got a set for your wife that work well.  However, those are slightly different from the Minelab ones.  The Minelab phones are a version of "BT80" phones that are sold under several different company names -- with their ultimate origin from a Chinese company that supplies them.  The MPOW phones you linked are not a "BT80" headphone; similar, but not the same...

NOT that it really matters, I just wanted to clarify; I was forced to do a ton of research into all of this (after I accidentally lost my Minelab phones and needed a replacement set), and so my only point here is that if someone is wanting an exact duplicate of the ML80 headphones, the exact match is a "BT80" headphone from various different sources...

Those ones you found may be BETTER, Phrunt; my only point is they are a bit "different."

Steve

Since the SR-71 and BT80 headphones are virtually out of stock everywhere, it makes me wonder if that may also be part of the reason for the slow shipping of the 800. Minelab may also be waiting for stock from Miccus, who may be having high volume production problems.

Also, the 800 is not the only thing slowly moving to customers from Minelab. Have you seen the out-of-stock condition on the Minelab Pro-Find 35? Waiting lists there too.  While this may seem to be an enviable problem for a manufacturer, I can speak from personal experience that it is NOT. The reflection on the company is always negative when production cannot immediately meet demand. At the same time, it is difficult to justify the expense of adding production lines, hiring skilled staff, and the overhead associated with increased production...especially when a company must assume that initial demand will eventually temper, and then they are stuck with having to let go staff, and manufacturing space that was used to increase production while the fire was hot. Just saying...

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

I bought some of these for my wife, they seem better than the Minelab ones, but I suspect they're the same manufacturer as they have the exact same storage pouch, these link is direct from the Chinese manufacturer.

https://goo.gl/RjBhhh

Amazon Link

So I suspect MPOW is the manufacturer for Minelab's headphones.  They also go for about 30 hours without a charge and take 2 hours to charge.

These may actually be better then the ML80's.  The button layout is much better (can easily feel the power button due to it being the first button instead in the center of the low profile buttons that all feel the same) and it is APTX LL. 

For $50 I'm tempted to buy a set, and put the ML80's away as backups.

34 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

These may actually be better then the ML80's.  The button layout is much better (can easily feel the power button due to it being the first button instead in the center of the low profile buttons that all feel the same) and it is APTX LL. 

For $50 I'm tempted to buy a set, and put the ML80's away as backups.

I am no longer tempted!  Went through AliExpress' order process.(Ugh), and it's now awaiting shipment!  Be advised, there were only nine left at that price when I ordered. Don't delay if you're going to get it!HTB17RENj8fH8KJjy1Xbq6zLdXXa2.thumb.jpg.aab5b3c9b6b666af8ec2354a35950079.jpgHTB1SigPcPgy_uJjSZKbq6xXkXXa6.thumb.jpg.7e5f2348197eba0b7538dcaf4f5d6eb9.jpg

14 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Maybe I should try my WM08 module while I still have wired headphones to see if I can tell any difference.  I personally love the wireless ability and convenience, but IF the sound is better in such a way that it would aid you in getting more keepers, deeper targets, or digging less trash, then maybe there's something to it.  To be honest though, I'd just assume plug the wired headphones into the detector then mess with a wireless box, that really doesn't give you a wireless solution.

Well it is wireless in the sense that you are untethered from the detector and that is convenient because it lets you move around and use both hands on the shovel if need be (because you can set the detector down) and saves on wear and tear on both the detector jack and the headphone cable/plug stress points if you have to move away from the detector without constantly having to take your headphones on and off.  Not a necessity, but I have found the both the BT and WM08 wireless solutions to be very convenient in this regard and allows for a variety of headphone types (stock BT and weather resistant wired) phones to be used untetheted depending on the circumstances.  I have even extended the APTX LL tech to my GPX by plugging in a tiny $20 APTX LL transmitter into the headphone jack and now I can use the supplied ML BT headphones with either detector.   I am "all in" on the wireless.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 12:48 AM, Cal_Cobra said:

Maybe I should try my WM08 module while I still have wired headphones to see if I can tell any difference.  I personally love the wireless ability and convenience, but IF the sound is better in such a way that it would aid you in getting more keepers, deeper targets, or digging less trash, then maybe there's something to it.  To be honest though, I'd just assume plug the wired headphones into the detector then mess with a wireless box, that really doesn't give you a wireless solution.

Brian I agree.  With my Koss QZ-99's plugged directly into my friends 800 I was good to go. Had read on another forum that they fit into the jack which they did.

Tom

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Well it is wireless in the sense that you are untethered from the detector and that is convenient because it lets you move around and use both hands on the shovel if need be (because you can set the detector down) and saves on wear and tear on both the detector jack and the headphone cable/plug stress points if you have to move away from the detector without constantly having to take your headphones on and off.  Not a necessity, but I have found the both the BT and WM08 wireless solutions to be very convenient in this regard and allows for a variety of headphone types (stock BT and weather resistant wired) phones to be used untetheted depending on the circumstances.  I have even extended the APTX LL tech to my GPX by plugging in a tiny $20 APTX LL transmitter into the headphone jack and now I can use the supplied ML BT headphones with either detector.   I am "all in" on the wireless.

Sure wireless, now your tethered to the headphones and WM08 module :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Sure wireless, now your tethered to the headphones and WM08 module :rolleyes:

And that is an issue because...?  I like being tethered to myself, keeps me from falling down. :rolleyes:

Again, I don't think of it as "wireless" but as untethered to the detector which to me is a great convenience.  If you want to quibble on semantics, then that's your prerogative, I suppose.  Tucking the "wires" associated with the WM08 and my foul weather headphones out of the way so I can remain unattached to the detector is a non-issue for me (i.e., doesn't hinder my ability to dig or move about seperate from the detector, I have no reason to be untethered from the WM08 because it doesn't get in my way during target recovery), but I can see it is apparently bothersome to you, so by all means, plug into the control pod or use weatherproof BT headphones if you prefer. 

I think we can at least both agree that one of the great things about Equinox is that it is flexible enough to give us the choice from multiple options on audio to suit our needs and desires.

I find myself looking for wireless headphones and I don't need them. I find myself getting caught up in the frenzy over things. As bad as my memory is getting I may have bought an extra set of headphones and don't know it. 

• Haha 3