I Guess I‘m In.. Kind Of Logbook

Keep it simple, let your son use it.  :smile:

Mitchel

• Like 1

congrats.Tim.

Congratulation on the new 800. Hope you and your son have a great time using it. Good luck!

Thanks guys!

Assembly has been straight forward - no manual needed. Headphones paired up without a problem.

We only had approx. 1/2-1 hour daylight left, so off to the beach..

BF23A028-0B35-4B05-97ED-5985FADAB4ED_zps

The Fisher F-Pulse causes some interference. Didn't try to change the frequency on the pointer, yet. Noise cancel while pointer is switched on eliminates nearly all interference.

Startet off in Beach1, used the internal speaker, so I could give Mr. pinpointer some instructions.. :wink:

First target:  Modern bottletop :wacko:

Man - I knew our beach is full of tiny trash, but the nox takes that to another level. Very sensitive, makes it hard for me to decide what to dig and what not to dig. Had the same impression with a Teknetics T2. Dug all those old-style pre 1990 ring-pulls intentionally to get them sorted out (ID 14-15) - worked pretty well.

DF7616A0-3C62-4992-BC00-E4DF716333A8_zps

Other then that, in the hurry I've only found some 60's "Deutsche Mark" clad.

I am used to pinpoint with my concentric coil - still a learning curve there.. apropos pinpointing.. while pinpointing, the volume via internal speaker seemed to be way louder?! Have to check that with the headphones.

There's definitely some homework for me to do before the season begins, but we'll get there :smile:

• Like 4

I had another 2 hours on the beach today.

Call me Mr. Bottletop :ph34r: - I have never ever dug so many bottletops in a whole season! Now I understand the others.. :happy:

What's annoying: The most valuable clad has pretty much the same TID as some pulltabs :wacko:

Actually the € clad ist pretty close together on the NOX. On my old machine, pulltabs and clad were like miles apart..

Played a little bit with the sensitivity today. Our beaches are so trashy, you'll almost get like 3-5 bleeps per swing in certain areas when set to 20.

I've dug super-tiny peaces 10" down.. makes you go crazy. Settled between 16-18 for now.

Now for the good part: Found some junk-bling-bling, yeah!:

B0FBF0C4-A7E1-49FB-9480-15259B5A7438_zps

I went out on the sand bank  for some Minutes. The NOX ran super quiet on the black sand in beach1, no falsing what so ever.

Instantly found 2 coins 10" down (sensitivity set to 20):

87844936-16AD-465D-AF73-085A85A968F6_zps

On the left: That's how they normaly come out of the dry sand, when lost in this season.

On the right: The ones I've found on the sand bank.

The backlight came in handy at the lowest setting. Perfect for me, as I usually hunt in the evening / night.

• Like 6

Finally the weather is getting better, so I had some time on the beach again.

This time a little bit more out of town. Huge difference in trash density, makes hunting and learning a lot easier.

Found lots of trash and only 3 coins in 1 3/4h, but one of them had been 14-16" down with sensitivity at 18!  Couldn't take a picture because I've forgotten my phone though..

• Like 1