I Guess I‘m In.. Kind Of Logbook

8 hours ago, strick said:

They can be avoided for the most part with a little detective work

I think I've read a lot of threads and seen many videos :happy:

Some of the bottletops have super solid IDs 360°, tip of the coil, pulling, frequency.. no matter. There were a hand full of situations with two targets in the hole - the nox is good in highlighting the better signal.

I have 3 small beaches I hunt regularly, so before playing detective on the same bottletops over and over again, I figured I'll better dig them.

Hunting the dry sand over here is probably a whole different story than on some hunting videos I saw complaining about bottletops... just saying:blink::biggrin:

• Like 1

C86FC6C0-F8CF-48DB-B5D3-370C155DCCE4_zps

Been out only twice the last week including yesterday and made ~ 12€

Some fresh coins, but I'm still digging plenty of old coins on the same beaches again and again.. crazy!

4E4F7680-7FC9-496D-A182-E47E61930060_zps

Also found another cartridge - I think it's the third within 5 weeks on VERY well hammered small beaches.

There were 2 other detectorists yesterday and that beach is only approx. 250mx30m. No wonder why I don't find heaps of money ?

• Like 4

Dude, what a sick hunt today!

Visited the construction site on the beach again and found some old stuff:

E2F54A50-DAE0-4126-A458-A439212B9CD9_zps

I "think" the earring and that superchunky bracelett are silver. I'll check that.

Found my first silver coin, which is pretty rare here in germany, especially on the beach:

A9848CE7-61AE-416A-B74F-F8C41DDAA4B3_zps

And old coin from belgium:

BD49FD71-085D-4831-9FB8-38AE1C70203A_zps

A gold-plated german WW2 navi button:

C3650341-B0E5-463E-8A8E-0BC30D053888_zps

And the oldest coin I've found so far from 1886! :

9A5F50F6-88D4-4AF4-9613-AE5B1E678C8E_zps

It's just crazy what those construction sites bring up! Gotta love 'em ?

• Like 6

On 5/19/2018 at 3:02 AM, bado1 said:

Nice! Seems like you and the Nox are really gelling well now.

Thank you!

I think I've never done terribly bad, but after 100+ hours I don't consider me noob on this machine anymore :happy:

For me it shines on old stuff, iron infested sites and silent beaches. It isn't very usable on modern-trash infested beaches imho.

Been on one of my other beaches yesterday:

61D3F795-4861-4ED1-B59D-3C1DABDC4A65_zps

20701687-8C6D-419D-A229-D8993DECCFD1_zps

Fresh modern coins only - it really depends on your sites.. I think the old stuff is out now.. that construction site has been an great alternation for me.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2018 at 12:13 PM, phrunt said:

I see your bottle caps pictures and feel sorry for you, not because you get so many bottle caps, but because people around where you live throw so many bottle caps on the ground! I absolutely hate people throwing rubbish and don't understand why they would do it.  I'm glad your Nox journey has improved, I really enjoy using my Nox.

I pick rubbish up off the ground some clown has dropped and put in in the bin no more than five steps away from a rubbish bin, why people drop it on the ground right near a rubbish disposal spot I will never understand. 

I am thinking the same every time I am on the beach. Some of the stuff get's lost accidentally, just like the money and other good stuff we find. On the other hand, some people leave their trash intentionally, thinking someones gonna remove it for them..

On 5/20/2018 at 12:13 PM, phrunt said:

You've taken some really nice photos of your beaches, they look so beautiful if I didn't know they were trashed filled ?

They are not all that bad - there are some certain spots, which are extreme - especially those, where the younger generation tends to party.. at least they are much cleaner now ?

In fact I often think, what a privilege it is to be able to reach such nice locations within a 10-30min drive.

Yesterday I didn't find much, but a musket ball in the wet sand:

25136FB5-6A2C-474B-BF13-22938CEE6EE1_zps

A fellow detectorist found a 8k goldring 10m in front of me - what a bummer ? But who knows if I would have found it, so no need to be jealous.

• Like 3

It's super easy to get rid of the bottlecaps.

Just put it in all metal, bring the good sounding target to edge of coil and you will hear change in tone and see numbers jump.

Hand on heart, I did a test in my garden and asked a mate to hide 20 coins and 20 bottlecaps......i came outside with the Nox, did my little trick with all metal and out of the 20 targets that i thought were coins i was right on 19 out of 20.

19 coins

1 bottlecap.

Simple.

Or, get a CTX, but it will miss gold chains and cost you a fortune in Chiropractor visits with the weight..lol

Matt

• Like 1

7 hours ago, staffydog33 said:

It's super easy to get rid of the bottlecaps.

Matt - I don't want to offend you, but: That's just not true. I repeat myself.. There are bottlecaps with solid IDs which are not easy distinguishable - not all of them, but more then enough, trust me.

I don't know where you're from, maybe they are made slightly different all over the globe.

However, for various reasons which I've already explained, I'll just dig them if I'm not sure ... simple :happy:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sinclair said:

Matt - I don't want to offend you, but: That's just not true. I repeat myself.. There are bottlecaps with solid IDs which are not easy distinguishable - not all of them, but more then enough, trust me.

I don't know where you're from, maybe they are made slightly different all over the globe.

However, for various reasons which I've already explained, I'll just dig them if I'm not sure ... simple :happy:

Not true? So i#m making it up?

I'm in the UK and 99.99% of the time, the method i have explained works for me.

Matt